2018 R6 FTECU Auto Blipper and QSS - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: 2018 R6 FTECU Auto Blipper and QSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018HaydenR6 View Post
Hey guys, I am on a waiting list for warranty as FT is out of stock... Do you mind looking at my picture attached to double check everything looks okay? Whats driving me crazy is if i take the black shift knuckle off and flip it for "gp" shift pattern the blip feature works on up shifts but when i have the shift knuckle "standard" position it doesn't blip at all only the quick shift works...

i'm pulling my hair out with this one... i just want my 800$ back...

kirk from FT says it could be another 2-3 weeks for stock..

You have it installed just fine.

Last edited by LiquidAreSix; 06-04-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

All, here is a video explanation. This weekend or tomorrow I will take the tank off and show continuity checks etc and show exactly what is going on. There maybe some colorful commentary just be warned. I am a retired Navy Band Guitar player so......

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ggwill likes this.

Last edited by LiquidAreSix; 06-04-2019 at 05:59 PM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:02 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2018 YZF-R6 Blue

I was told by my tuner that there is some sort of code required in the ECU flash in order to enable the autoblip function. I知 actually shipping my ECU back to Atlanta this weekend so Huey can reflash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youtube.com/PeanutEOD
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
I was told by my tuner that there is some sort of code required in the ECU flash in order to enable the autoblip function. I知 actually shipping my ECU back to Atlanta this weekend so Huey can reflash it.

Yes there is. When you get your package it will have a card in it you scratch it off to get the code. When you load the unrestricted flash template provided in the FTECU software, you will have to go to the bottom of the list and you will see AutoBlip. Set that to Enable same with quick shift set that to enable. You will then get a pop up that says you need to register this before you upload (or something like that)

after it flashes your ECU the QS light will come on. but it won't work SUCKAAAA!!!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:15 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAreSix View Post
Yes there is. When you get your package it will have a card in it you scratch it off to get the code. When you load the unrestricted flash template provided in the FTECU software, you will have to go to the bottom of the list and you will see AutoBlip. Set that to Enable same with quick shift set that to enable. You will then get a pop up that says you need to register this before you upload (or something like that)

after it flashes your ECU the QS light will come on. but it won't work SUCKAAAA!!!!

Hopefully not. I値l let you know how it goes, either way. Where are you state wise?

youtube.com/PeanutEOD
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Hopefully not. I値l let you know how it goes, either way. Where are you state wise?

Austin, Texas

Anybody doing COTA (ridesmart) in August? im so doing both days..
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:21 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Austin, Texas

Anybody doing COTA (ridesmart) in August? im so doing both days..

If I知 still in the area, I might have to do that. I did the parade laps during MotoGP. That track was fun at 40mph. I can稚 wait to hit it at speed.

youtube.com/PeanutEOD
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If I知 still in the area, I might have to do that. I did the parade laps during MotoGP. That track was fun at 40mph. I can稚 wait to hit it at speed.

I did it on a Ninja 650 LOL I was so slow on that bike. Thats when I realized I bought the wrong bike (noob) so august on the R6 with no QSS should be FRIGGN SQUIRT WORTHY..
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:26 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
I did it on a Ninja 650 LOL I was so slow on that bike. Thats when I realized I bought the wrong bike (noob) so august on the R6 with no QSS should be FRIGGN SQUIRT WORTHY..

Hell yes! QS or not!

LiquidAreSix likes this.

youtube.com/PeanutEOD
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:37 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
it looks like they changed the sensor setup. It used to be 2 sensors and it worked.
And here I am whining about woolich racings software login issues. At least their hardware works lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in