3Likes
  • 1 Post By yamahacrazy
  • 1 Post By yamahacrazy
  • 1 Post By Intuit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

2017/2018 Yamaha R6 0-60 times

Hey, anyone know of the 0-60 time for 2017/2018 Yamaha R6?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: 2017/2018 Yamaha R6 0-60 times

really?? Im going to wager 90% of the riders on this forum wouldnt know where peak torque is made.
Besides... are you going to take what some "motojournalist"s metric is printed vs trying to be as good or better than them?
I know my stock 2014 R6 went 0 to 107mph in 6.8 seconds with me at the controls. Im 215 in leathers.
Did it a handful of times too. No garbage launch or traction control needed either.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:50 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
really?? Im going to wager 90% of the riders on this forum wouldnt know where peak torque is made.
Besides... are you going to take what some "motojournalist"s metric is printed vs trying to be as good or better than them?
I know my stock 2014 R6 went 0 to 107mph in 6.8 seconds with me at the controls. Im 215 in leathers.
Did it a handful of times too. No garbage launch or traction control needed either.
it chaps your ass people ask this stuff doesn't it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TurboBlew likes this.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
it chaps your ass people ask this stuff doesn't it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the car magazine stuff... yeah. Its an irrelevant metric for motorbikes. And the funny thing is... 100% of ALL riders can do just as well as most motorjournalists when it comes to dragstrip or acceleration figures.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:34 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

yeah I hear ya. it is a little silly to anyone that's been around racing etc. I had a guy probably in his early 40's come up to me this weekend walked over from his harley asking about my R1. after he first asked if it was a M1R I knew I was dealing with a dipshit. then asked how fast I've had it. I said ran out of track at mid-ohio at 172 indicated. he then tells me his 1998 R1 does 195. lol
TurboBlew likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:35 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

TB, does a chapped ass hurt? Does it snag your underwear?

@
: First, respect the power and be careful/safe. To answer the question, about 3 seconds per Wiki. It isn't even necessary to leave 1st gear. Minus an actual stop watch, sounds about right based on my own experiences.

Lighten up TB. There's no shame in the question. It's merely what everyone can easily relate to. "Everyone" has a car or has ridden in one. Most everyone that cares, has an idea of how long it will take their own car to hit that mark. The fact that they're not trying to find out how quickly they can get to 60ft, 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile says they're not racing. In fact, the question doesn't mention or imply a finish line.

So why do people always refer to that? Have you ever heard the phrase, "it's all relative"? If your car hits it in ~7 and your motorcycle does it in ~3... that's something anyone can relate to. It's not going to tell folks whether it will an 1/8, or 1/4 any more than a 1/8 or 1/4 will tell folks whether it will win a road coarse. Again, the question neither mentions or implies a finish line. It's a question of butt dyno a.k.a. joy, kicks, fun factor, etcetera. Hitting 60 vs doing 1/8 on the street, is a drastic contrast.
R6Jay. likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
The fact that they're not trying to find out how quickly they can get to 60ft, 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile says they're not racing. In fact, the question doesn't mention or imply a finish line.

So why do people always refer to that? Have you ever heard the phrase, "it's all relative"? If your car hits it in ~7 and your motorcycle does it in ~3... that's something anyone can relate to. It's not going to tell folks whether it will an 1/8, or 1/4 any more than a 1/8 or 1/4 will tell folks whether it will win a road coarse. Again, the question neither mentions or implies a finish line. It's a question of butt dyno a.k.a. joy, kicks, fun factor, etcetera. Hitting 60 vs doing 1/8 on the street, is a drastic contrast.

Thats exactly my point.
Anyone thats ridden or raced BMX or dirtbikes... guess what the first skill you learn? Starting Gate acceleration. Its a real metric.
Do you think people at racetracks are quoting Car & Driver or Motorcyclist stats? Nope...they are putting up or shutting up at Test & Tunes or track days. The former can be done by ANYONE with just about anything... from golf carts to mini dragsters to minibikes to prostock. The latter is abit more involved & expensive.

As for the joy or fun factor... a 600 on public streets or highways?? SUCKS!
I always like doing 75mph @ 10,000 rpms... or needing 15,000 rpms to get the bike rolling on the street. Isnt that why the Grom craze has taken off? So people can have fun with low injury risk? Whats the zero to 60 on a grom? Is there even a sundial accurate enough to time it? See how silly it sounds?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:53 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

You seemed to be flaming the poster for asking the (very simple) question.
If that was not your intent, it really didn't come across that way.

Your point is, they're so ridiculously quick that it's silly to ask for 0-60? Mmmm... maybe. In some limited fashion, that may be the case, but the 0-60 MPH is as much or more about the environment than the vehicle. Again, you're talking racing, and on a track, he's talking 0-60, and on a street. Two different things. It's true that it is a STREET racing bike, but it's not like you're putting an 8,000HP funny car on the street... which means it isn't precluded from responsibly riding it on the street... which means it isn't precluded from quoting a street related metric. It isn't practical to do 60ft on a street. It isn't practical or sa...SQUIRREL!!..sh**..TREE..fe to do 1/8 or 1/4 on the street. That's (another reason) why he is sticking to 60MPH.

I know you're not being serious but, 15k to get rolling!? Install any clutches lately?

^ Turbo charged Grom. Not meant for racing, but he did anyway. Why? For kicks. (and those low quality turbo Grom kits are probably all over by now) I wonder what the 0-60 MPH is on that? Still slow... yeah... but it'd be interesting to find out how much less slow it is. Among other factors, they're probably popular because they're cheap to buy, easy to ride and easy to maintain and Honda (<-- name brand). Around here, why drop major $,$$$ into a two wheeled vehicle that you're only going to be on for literally much less than 1,000 miles per year. Just get a cheap Grom and with a strong backwind on a downhill, have a little fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in