Noise Cancelling Ear Plugs - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Bike: 2014 Yamaha R6
Garage
Noise Cancelling Ear Plugs

I want to purchase a pair of noise cancelling ear plugs. I do still want to be able to listen to my music and be able to hear if I have to take a phone call through my Scala Rider bluetooth. What ear plugs do you recommend to drown out the exhaust noise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 05:41 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
Re: Noise Cancelling Ear Plugs

Take your pick. You can buy the cheapo single-use foam earplugs. Or you can buy the filter style ear plugs like that from Alpine. If you go the filter style earplugs look for ones with soft filters, much more comfortable under the helmet.

I feel you might be trying to have your cake and eat it too. Do you currently ride without any earplugs?

I don't take phone calls on my bike for the same reason I don't take phone calls when I am driving, but I can still hear my music just fine through my Sena using the Alpine Race Filter earplugs. I also don't have a loud exhaust. You don't want noise cancelling anything on the road because you need to hear your surroundings. Earplugs are about lowering the db's from a damaging level to a level deemed safe for your hearing protection and their main focus for us motorcycle riders is wind noise.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

I like the 3M foam earplugs. They kill the wind and road noise, but I still can hear nearby traffic, sirens, horns, and music, phone calls, and intercom.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:16 PM
My R6 eats me.

I use eargasm high fidelity ear plugs they work pretty good I'm able to hear my music or podcasts on the highway doing long distance on my fjr. They really cut down the outside noice yet take in what they're right against.

Stopped the ringing ears after 8 hour riding days. 30 bucks is steep but they come with a. Keychain canister and they're infinity reusable as far as I can tell. Have more than 200 hours on my current set.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM
My R6 eats me.

Garage

i ride have ridden with with some custom made noiseguard ear plugs that i had made 4 years ago. no complaints but they did take a bit of getting used too. as with most of the responses here, they work well at filtering and i can hear my senna with no complaints. my only dislike is the the swampy feeling i get after use and the fact my ears feel like they are suffocating after extended use.

My Rides:

1999 YZF-R6 project bike

2006 VTR 250 (soon to be sold hopefully)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce1552 View Post
I use eargasm high fidelity ear plugs they work pretty good I'm able to hear my music or podcasts on the highway doing long distance on my fjr. They really cut down the outside noice yet take in what they're right against.

Stopped the ringing ears after 8 hour riding days. 30 bucks is steep but they come with a. Keychain canister and they're infinity reusable as far as I can tell. Have more than 200 hours on my current set.
I tried the eargasm plugs from Amazon but they didnt seem to fit me right then again I have weird ears so it's always been tough for me to find a good fitting pair of in-ear buds. I do remember the packaging was very well laid out so the price wasn't too bad considering the options offered out of the box. Open to suggestions for brands that fit people with weird ears, lol.

* Revving my heart since July 2017 *
2018 - Yamaha R6 (Team Blue)
2015 - Yamaha R3 (Team Blue) | SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in