Ram Mount - alternative mounting location? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 21
Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

Hi,

I currently have my Ram Mount mounted via the fork stem however I'm looking to install a steering damper that will require relocating the Ram Mount. From the Ram mount site, it's not clear which other bases would be compatible with the R6. Does anyone know or have experience with an alternative location for the Ram Mount? Thanks
wdkwang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:17 AM
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

I had a Scott steering damper installed on my old R6.

I actually had one of the ram balls mounted using one of the steering damper mounting bolts. Worked pretty well with with of their longer arm extensions and an iPhone 6 case.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chekando is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 21
Re: Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekando View Post
I had a Scott steering damper installed on my old R6.

I actually had one of the ram balls mounted using one of the steering damper mounting bolts. Worked pretty well with with of their longer arm extensions and an iPhone 6 case.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. Based on what you said, is this the set up you had with your damper? -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not sure I understand 100%. If you have any pictures of that setup, it would be appreciated.

Edit:
Actually did you use this? -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wdkwang; 08-13-2019 at 01:44 AM.
wdkwang is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:43 AM
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post
Thanks for the reply. Based on what you said, is this the set up you had with your damper? -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not sure I understand 100%. If you have any pictures of that setup, it would be appreciated.

Edit:
Actually did you use this? -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So I used that ball in the second link.

So you buy the ball, the arm and the phone holder (I have the large X-grip now for my Note 9 and it fits well - also make sure you always use the included rubber tether. I suggest you get this so you can use it with different phones) just make sure the x grip you buy comes with that same ball on the back. They make a few different ones.

Oh and that arm in the picture is the shorter one. I suggest getting the longer one. It gives you more adjustment.

Here is a crudely drawn picture of my bike setup before I fitted the ram mount. Unfortunately I don't have any other pictures.


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Chekando is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 21
Re: Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekando View Post
So I used that ball in the second link.

So you buy the ball, the arm and the phone holder (I have the large X-grip now for my Note 9 and it fits well - also make sure you always use the included rubber tether. I suggest you get this so you can use it with different phones) just make sure the x grip you buy comes with that same ball on the back. They make a few different ones.

Oh and that arm in the picture is the shorter one. I suggest getting the longer one. It gives you more adjustment.

Here is a crudely drawn picture of my bike setup before I fitted the ram mount. Unfortunately I don't have any other pictures.


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Gotcha, that's very helpful. Thank you.
wdkwang is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:53 AM
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 16
Re: Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

I saw someone wearing a phone strap on their wrist.
jasonisthejason is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:51 AM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 106
Re: Ram Mount - alternative mounting location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonisthejason View Post
I saw someone wearing a phone strap on their wrist.
I've thought about trying this out as I have yet to invest in a full mount setup.

* Revving my heart since July 2017 *
2018 - Yamaha R6 (Team Blue)
2015 - Yamaha R3 (Team Blue) | SOLD
bweezy is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:27 AM
Yamaha Blue
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Take a look at this:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0A90060A-E641-44A4-BD32-610F2FE8D97C_1565886431652.jpg (53.6 KB, 3 views)
Etkinso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome