Suspension or damper? (problem?)
I know this may seem a bit weird, but i installed my steering damper yesterday, and instead of making the bike more stable . it did the opposite, it would wobble like crazy - going slow gives me wobble, giving more gas would mean EVEN more wobble, i just coudlnt keep the bike straight , i think the max speed i felt comfortable with, and achieved was like 20km/h , i did not manage to go any faster because it would shake/wobble from side to side like crazy... i had to remove the damper...
Few other information's:
- I did not feel any problem with the bike (suspension wise - Pre damper install - feels solid af)
- I just got it for safety
- Fork seal / oil (on both front forks) was serviced like 500km before i install the damper
- I never rode ANY other super sport (have this r6 for 2years)
- I never rode ANY other bike with a damper
- It was an Arrow Linear steering damper (and yes, it was set to MINIMUM, i double-checked that a couple times)
- I do have carbon triple-tree cover, but its a slim one.
Any1 that has an steering damper can relate to my "problem"??
Im kinda divided between maybe the steering damper (race-use only) is just too stiff for me. (i only weight 65kg , and im not very tall/strong)
Mayby i do have some kind of suspension problem that gets more noticeable when using the damper?
Mby i just don't get used to the feeling? i´m sure they have a specific feeling , and mayby some people like it, some don't..
Thanks for help
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.