please help. fuel injection fuse keeps blowing 2007 r6 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
flicks & clutch ups

Bike: 2007 YZF R6
please help. fuel injection fuse keeps blowing 2007 r6

my bike cut off when i was low on fuel. i put gas in it and it sounded like it wanted to start right up but didnt. fuel pump wasnt pumping fuel. after taking a look, my starter relay had a blown fuel injection fuse. i replaced the fuse twice but it blew twice after turning the key from off to on. i just replaced the starter relay and when i turned the key to on, the fuse in the new relay blew too. please help. what can be causing the fuse to blow like this? what should i do or check? thanks

2007 YZF R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:21 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Re: please help. fuel injection fuse keeps blowing 2007 r6

a shorted wire somewhere
TurboBlew and brando loudly like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
flicks & clutch ups

quick correction, the fuse only blows when i press the start button, not when i turn the ignition to the on position and when the kill switch is on, the fuse doesnt blow either

i unplugged the fuel pump and the fuse still blew. with the fuel pump relay unplugged, the bike doesnt attempt to start but the fuse doesnt blow

im wondering what else could be causing the fuse to blow. could it be the fuel pump relay? what else besides the pump hooks up to the fuel pump relay? i'd like to unplug those and see if the short is in the relay for sure. thanks again for any help

2007 YZF R6
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
flicks & clutch ups

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
this is what im looking at

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
this too

2007 YZF R6

Last edited by brando loudly; 08-20-2019 at 02:46 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 03:31 PM
My R6 eats me.

double check main ground
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
flicks & clutch ups

im very new to all of this and dont know what that means. check the resistance of the battery ground wire? if so do you mind giving me a link on how to or just sum it up really quick and i'll figure the rest out?

2007 YZF R6
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:55 PM
My R6 eats me.

You already isolated the fuel pump and the fuse still went out, so that means the fuel pump circuit is ok. The next thing in line would be the injectors, seems that one of your injectors shorted (assuming your wiring harness is good) you can test each one of them for resistance with a voltmeter. Try to find the wiring diagram for that circuit and check if there is another circuit that feeds off it, you might need to test those too.
brando loudly likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
flicks & clutch ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONSADE View Post
You already isolated the fuel pump and the fuse still went out, so that means the fuel pump circuit is ok. The next thing in line would be the injectors, seems that one of your injectors shorted (assuming your wiring harness is good) you can test each one of them for resistance with a voltmeter. Try to find the wiring diagram for that circuit and check if there is another circuit that feeds off it, you might need to test those too.
Thanks. Another place to look. I ordered a fuel pump relay too. Only 30$ just in case that could be causing the sort. Can the relay itself cause a short?

Also found some frayed wires under the tank (2 wires with a green coupler that plugs into the bottom of the air box. Not sure if it runs off the relay circuit but whatever is blowing the fuse runs off the relay cause when the relay is unplugged the fuse doesn’t blow.

Patching up the bad wires and plugging in a new relay, already have the wired diagrams printed and blown up if it doesn’t do the trick. I think you have to be right if it isn’t the relay or wires I found cause how much more can run off the fuel pump relay?

Thanks for the response

2007 YZF R6
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando loudly View Post
im very new to all of this and dont know what that means. check the resistance of the battery ground wire? if so do you mind giving me a link on how to or just sum it up really quick and i'll figure the rest out?
new to what? working on bikes? Jesus... give me a link? Is that the new "what is the answer" question?? There are guys that work on motorbikes for a living...
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
flicks & clutch ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
new to what? working on bikes? Jesus... give me a link? Is that the new "what is the answer" question?? There are guys that work on motorbikes for a living...
bruh the dealer is booked til mid september just for a diagnostic and it's $120/hr. give me a ****in break. how did they learn? i was just asking for a link so he didnt need to type a bunch of stuff. none of this stuff is very hard with a little direction, but wiring diagrams are a nightmare for me and im brand new to electrical work. so yeah, im pretty dumb with stuff like continuity and resistance still and not totally sure where in the circuit i should be putting the probes etc. etc. im figuring it out

4700 posts and you offer me this garbage. thanks

2007 YZF R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in