Important Tips for New Riders - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Important Tips for New Riders

If people here are just starting to ride.. personal experience, I've almost died a few times easy when I thought I would be far from it happening.
  • Stalling in 3rd and falling over (no gear indicator at the time)
  • Couldn't unthrottle in 1st due to the power (if vehicle in front braked for w/e reason = crash)
  • Couldn't turn while throttle hill holding and went straight into an intersection (no cars)
  • Almost not enough highway power passing 2 cars coming together in the middle lane
  • Almost high-side in 3rd in the wet (instant 45 degree rear kick out)
  • High-side in 1st (slightly wet road at a red light going left)
  • Increased bar pressure while already leaned over makes it lean Quicker (hit at least 50 degree lean angle one time accidentally (instantly))
I prefer the 20mph e-bike than riding. Passing people walking and other bicyclists is like high-speed motorbiking.

To start:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AntDX316; 09-12-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: Important Tips for New Riders

you are a complete idiot. Its probably best you stay off 2 wheels. Try 3 wheels... Tryke Lyfe seems like a good fit for your mindset
Straight Success and FZ1guy like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 06:29 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

It takes a pretty good dude to want to share their most insane mistakes. That being said, I suspect it's a bit unusual to have quite that many of what I'd consider to be severe mistakes. I've known a couple of people and talked to many more who've sold theirs and/or refused to buy another for lack of self control. I bought my bike in my 30s, which was likely very beneficial. While I've always been an anticipatory and even defensive driver, I believe I have a lot more patience. Take NO shame in hanging up the keys for at least a few more years. Maturity makes the difference. Good luck AntD.
Straight Success likes this.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
It takes a pretty good dude to want to share their most insane mistakes. That being said, I suspect it's a bit unusual to have quite that many of what I'd consider to be severe mistakes. I've known a couple of people and talked to many more who've sold theirs and/or refused to buy another for lack of self control. I bought my bike in my 30s, which was likely very beneficial. While I've always been an anticipatory and even defensive driver, I believe I have a lot more patience. Take NO shame in hanging up the keys for at least a few more years. Maturity makes the difference. Good luck AntD.
I know my limits. I said a 20mph e-bike is better but there is nothing like that full-throttle pull on the R6 though. Just high-speed riding after you've accelerated to it gets boring.

The people talking here aren't injured I assume. I've never gotten injured from the motorcycle but some have plates and screws. Some are disabled forever, some have died. We shouldn't overlook our accomplishments even if people think we've done nothing but rode like a grandma. I rather that certain people think I never ride fast. Remaining inconspicuous is better. Some people think it's a good idea to film themselves doing 200mph then the cops show up and arrest them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
you are a complete idiot. Its probably best you stay off 2 wheels. Try 3 wheels... Tryke Lyfe seems like a good fit for your mindset
How do you get the trike life to be a good fit for my mindset? Replay back what I've said that it's a fit for me.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 07:44 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
............ there is nothing like that full-throttle pull on the R6 though. Just high-speed riding after you've accelerated to it gets boring...................
Yep, that twist of the wrist and ornery cornering are hard to resist...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:10 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

NOOOOOOOOOOOO...I guess his ban was lifted. Things were so peaceful for a while. Go away.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOO...I guess his ban was lifted. Things were so peaceful for a while. Go away.
I will always be in your nightmares.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 05:36 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
How do you get the trike life to be a good fit for my mindset? Replay back what I've said that it's a fit for me.
years ago, when stunting was all the rage with the Star Boyz... there were folks that "stunted" on quads. There is no skill required in that.
Thats what you should stick too. Or Schtick... maybe even "fur over" the quad body work.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 06:39 PM
I eat my R6

Let's see how long this back & forth goes on...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in