Stuttering between 130-140mph - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Intuit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Stuttering between 130-140mph

I have a 2009 Yamaha R6s and i been having this same problem for about a year now and can’t seem to figure it out. When I’m riding sometimes it feel like my acceleration is not as quick and it should be and when i get to 130 in 5th gear it stops accelerating and starts stuttering at about 10,000-11 RPMs then i switch to 6th gear and it goes to about 140mph and does the same thing again it only stutters when my throttle is at 100% when i let go to about 95% it stops but still doesn’t accelerate. I’ve change the clutch, coils, spark plugs, and fuel pump and still having the same issue. Any idea of what it might be or has anyone came across this same issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:08 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: Stuttering between 130-140mph

Add no more than 1/5 of the Lucas Octane Booster (containing MMT) bottle and with the next tank, begin dialing it back to just what is needed. (which shouldn't be much if you're buying premium - about 10% in my case) Voltage drop reading between engine/chassis/regulator/battery is zip with all accessories running and higher RPM. We have had cases where people have gotten a bad batch of aftermarket coils. There are two tests, diagnostic mode with a spark gap tester (compare the gaps at which the *reliably* fire - the outlier is your culprit) and of course, reading resistances.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
Add no more than 1/5 of the Lucas Octane Booster (containing MMT) bottle and with the next tank, begin dialing it back to just what is needed. (which shouldn't be much if you're buying premium - about 10% in my case) Voltage drop reading between engine/chassis/regulator/battery is zip with all accessories running and higher RPM. We have had cases where people have gotten a bad batch of aftermarket coils. There are two tests, diagnostic mode with a spark gap tester (compare the gaps at which the *reliably* fire - the outlier is your culprit) and of course, reading resistances.
How do i dial it back? And see the voltage reading?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 02:04 PM
I eat my R6

The bottle of stuff claims it treats up to 25 gallons. We have a bit under 5 gallons. So 1/5 (20%) of the bottle would treat your fuel. What I meant by "dial it back", was simply add less of the octane booster. I need roughly 10% (1/10th) of the bottle to run right; depending on which brand of gasoline I pickup.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 02:07 PM
I eat my R6

Oh, and your plugs must be gapped. They don't have the correct gap out of the box.
Straight Success likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 05:23 AM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success

Fiest start with the super easy free stuff.

Check your air filter. If it's dirty or something is blocking flow, that'll affect performance. Inspect your spark plugs. This can tell you a lot about what's happening in the combustion chamber be reading the look of the plugs. Fuel could be another factor as far as flow and atomization after leaving the injectors. The best way to tell is some type of acquired data pulled through your ECU and/or a dyno. Visual inspections also work to a good degree.

How old is your air filter? Clogged injectors perhaps? Check your battery while you're at it. How old is your battery? What condition is the battery in? The rectifier and stator as well. Pull out that meter if needed and use it.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:48 PM
My R6 eats me.

I have pretty much the exact same issue on my 12. After sitting for 2 years. The bike loses all power after 120 and it takes forever to get to 140 but won’t go higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in