Marketplace RULES! Not following rules will result in your thread being deleted!!!
Rules for selling items and/or replying to threads in this section:
1. YOU MUST BE A MEMBER FOR 60 DAYS BEFORE YOU SELL/TRADE ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM.
This goes for trading items as well. No, we are not being harsh, or controlling, but this mitigates the spam, the "bots", and the thieves. It protects everyone involved. Outside of the exceptions below, this is non-negotiable. It is a rule set by the owners, and followed strictly on both the R1 and the R6 forums. Please follow it.
A. Legit join dates from the R1-Forum are accepted. Understand that most of the R6-forum moderators do not visit the R1-forum very often. So if you are a member of the R1-forum then make it known in your for sale thread by posting up your join date and your username on the R1-forum.
B. Special circumstances can be allowed, but you must contact a Moderator or Admin to be granted posting rights. (ie: military, racers, etc.) You must put "OK'd By (Mod's name)" in your description or the thread will be taken down.
2. You MUST post pictures of the item(s) for sale.
This helps with confirming the condition of the item being sold so we don't have people getting their items purchased in another condition other than what was described. If you are selling a motorcycle, multiple pictures from each angle are REQUIRED. If you are too lazy to take pictures of the bike you are trying to sell then don't bother posting the ad. Real pictures only. No web based pictures.
3. You MUST post an asking price for your item(s).
This removes any ambiguity regarding the value of what's for sale and also improves or streamlines the process of completing the transaction. The faster something is posted and sold the quicker everyone gets what they want and this also keeps everyone (buyer and sellers) on the same page.
4. There will be no "auction-style" selling.
If you post an item for sale and it says anything like "I will take the highest offer" it will be removed. If you want to run an auction, take it to eBay.
5. No Ebay, Criagslist, or outside linking of for sale items.
If you have stuff in auction on Ebay, then post the link to your Ebay auction in the Ebay Auction Link Section. We will not have the items placed here also, making our members compete with the world to sell something for a higher price. List your product here, try to sell it here, then take it to eBay.
6. Vendors (or people selling quantities of the same item):
You must first contact Forum Administration (ie: SpidermanSS) to get information on being a paid advertiser before posting items for sale. Buying for the sole purpose of re-selling qualifies as being a vendor and requires sponsorship with the R6-forum. If you have intentions of posting multiple for sale ads to move parts off of various years of R6's you actually don't own then take it eBay, Craigslist or another forum. In order to do so, you will need to purchase a vendor tag or your ad will be deleted.
7. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
There is a lot of tendency to post negative replies when someone lists an item for sale that others consider "overpriced". Negative comments will not be tolerated. To put it simply, if you don't have anything good to say then keep it to yourself.
8. Omission of information is also known as fraud.
(Example:If you are selling a leather suit that has a 9 inch tear in it you need to disclose that information to the buyer. Do not tell the buyer that the suit has "light wear" only.)
If it's determined that you defrauded a member by failing to disclose crucial facts about your items then your access to this section will be restricted and you may be banned from the forum.
9. Use this section at your own risk.
There are a lot of scams out there so take precautions in your business ventures. R6-FORUM WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSSES AS A RESULT OF USING THIS SECTION. As a suggestion, sellers should consider using delivery confirmation to avoid conflicts from buyers who might say they never received the products. Buyers, get to know the seller a little before you blindly send cash. If something doesn't seem right then it probably isn't. If something seems to good to be true then it probably is.
10. Respect fellow members.
This section is a great place to make an extra buck and occasionally new friends. Please be respectful to your fellow members. Maybe try selling here to a member instead of eBay and maybe save them a buck or two. If you have any questions, problems or concerns feel free to contact any of the Marketplace Moderators.
11. Please try to go back and mark SOLD when the item sells.
This will help eliminate the old threads coming back up, as well as help those looking for specific items.
12. Cross linking ads.
Ads from other forums are NOT ALLOWED.
13. Selling items for friends that are not members of R6/R1-Forum.com is NOT ALLOWED.
Lastly, don't forget the
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Be sure to express a good or bad experience with your buyer or seller, and let others know what to expect. Also be sure to check there for a member if you are concerned BEFORE you buy.
1. If you do not agree with the rules set forth then please do not use this forum.
2. If you cannot follow the rules set forth then your posts may be deleted, removed, or edited by a Moderator.
3. If you repeatedly do not follow the rules set forth then you will be banned from this section, or from the R6-Forum for any length of time from 1 day to permanently at the discretion of the Moderator.
1. Describe your item in the title.
2. Post your asking price where it's easy to find, not just lost in the paragraph of description.
3. Give ALL details. (i.e color, size, year, make, model, etc.)
4. Post good quality pictures.
5. Put "FS" in the title of For Sale items. Put "WTB" for items you Want To Buy.
6. List shipping, pick-up, or delivery options for the buyer.
7. Be sure to add "SOLD" once the items are sold.
Godspeed Chad "Gawarrior" Clifton - June 25, 2008
Last edited by Skeeter; 07-16-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Reason: Updated Rule Listing