Good quality fairings - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Good quality fairings

Iím thinking about buying some matte grey fairings for my 06 R6. My buddy bought some cheap fairings awhile back and told me to NEVER buy the cheap fairings because they break and scratch so easily. He says he hates them. Anybody know the price range of average-good quality fairings and good/reliable places to purchase from? Iíve never bought a new fairing set so Iím looking for some guidance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 04:34 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1
Re: Good quality fairings

There is either OEM or aftermarket (China). No in between. I had Auctmarts and was happy with them. The spectrum of opinions on quality of Chinese plastics is SUPER huge but keep in mind that NOTHING is like OEM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

I wonder if their are any good/reliable quality after market sets. I would like to go with OEM but Iím assuming theyíre rather pricey. If I could get almost the same quality for cheaper Iíd go with aftermarket

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

So you liked your Auctmarts? How much did you pay for them and were they alright quality?
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 06:14 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2018 Blue R6

try ebay for your oem fairings then have them wrapped? I found a complete set.. piece by piece for my 03. OEM fairings but at a fraction of the cost.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:47 AM
Views from the (R)6

Bike: 2015 Yamaha YZF-R6

a good place to buy fairings is monster fairings, they have high quality stuff and you can even contact them to make a custom set
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 PM
scared of big tracks

This is what it looked like installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-23_12-51-27_372_1518208298505.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	350673  
Urbane and Marvin Tackie like this.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltrack View Post
This is what it looked like installed.
Where they good quality? Where'd you buy them? Looks good
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 05:10 PM
scared of big tracks

Auctmarts. They are a vendor on here as well as at auctmarts.com. The fitment was good and the paint was good too. Again, it is not perfect but for $549 it was a great deal for me to get a semi custom look.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 04:23 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Also, another thing to consider about aftermarket fairings is the Paint Quality. Aside from cheaper plastics they also cut corners in the painting process. They tend to fade with time. For example, my red is slowly turning orange where the sun hits it the most.

Don't forget you're also going to have to get your tank painted to match. That can cost almost as much as the aftermarket fairings. So include that price in your total budget.

If your fairings are still in good shape I'd get a quote to have it wrapped like someone mentioned. I'm usually not a fan of wrap jobs but if done right it can look just as good as paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in