Anyone familiar with fairing master? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Anyone familiar with fairing master?

Hello, I'm looking to get a new fairing kit for my '06 R6 and since I cant afford OEM I have to go Chinese. I found this website
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and they seem way cheaper than most others. It appears they also go under the name LkkMotor and have a facebook page with that name. Has anyone here actually bought fairings from here and know if they are any good? Or does someone know another place in the same pricerange?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 02:08 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2008 R6
Re: Anyone familiar with fairing master?

I myself just recently ordered fairings from absfairings.com for my 08' i can let you know how they turn out, all in all ran about 750 including bolts, and a few other parts, but from what i saw they get good reviews. there are also multiple vendors in the sponsored vendor section of the forum that will give discounts if you are a member here from what i have seen. such as monsterfairings i beleive it was.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Alright yeah thanks, that is however a bit more expensive than I was hoping to spend.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

I also heard about a company called acumarts, they have pretty good reviews and are in the 350 range which is pretty cheap, anyone heard of them?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

eBay is your best bet. I had a whole new tail piece for 55$.
Fits awesome, and looks factory.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:19 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2008 R6

I think Acumarts is a sponsored vendor here as well. i think most the fairings are all "Made in China" and sometimes have slight issues with hole placement but not usually a huge deal. my fairings just shipped today so when i get them i can let you know how they fit up, but yeah price of them was a little daunting. hopefully its a pay for what you get kinda deal but we will see.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

So I have been doing some readings and it seems like Auctmarts are pretty good. Only think I'm worried about is that I want to get white fairings, and some people say that they can get discoloured from the engine heat. Anyone here know if just putting some extra head-shields on would prevent that?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:04 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka Jozić View Post
So I have been doing some readings and it seems like Auctmarts are pretty good. Only think I'm worried about is that I want to get white fairings, and some people say that they can get discoloured from the engine heat. Anyone here know if just putting some extra head-shields on would prevent that?
In my post above, they came with nearly all of the trim that OEM did, including foam-backed foil tape to attach to the insides of the fairing. The fairings have held up perfectly fine over the last few years, neither warping or sun-fading. The clear coat is particularly vulnerable to solvents. (overspray from a can of "OFF" brand bug repellant mottled it up pretty noticeably)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

So you mean the link you left to the seller moto.flying from ebay? You recommend them? What color did you buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in