Frame sliders!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Frame sliders!!

are frame sliders worth it if so what brands are good, do you suggest short or long or no cuts vs cuts. I’m not a track rider or a ignorant person who’s going out to try and carve every turn at 120+ on the streets or try and make Mach runs. Just got a nice bike and want to get it prestine, would rather do no cuts due to not feeling comfortable in my skill of precise cutting but will accommodate if needed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:24 PM
My R6 eats me.

They are definitely worth it! Even if you aren't out dragging knees you never know when you will forget your side stand isn't down and lay the bike over:') Lots of reputable brands like r&g and graves but I think it comes down to how much you are willing to spend. I'm in the same boat debating on cut or no cut but the cut are going to offer better protection.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:05 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: Frame sliders!!

If you pull the bike apart, you'll notice that much of the frame is hallowed out to save weight. I'd rather buy fairings than crack a frame.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:12 AM
I eat my R6

From what I understand frame sliders that require fairing cutting are the most structurally sound so to speak as the no cuts often require a few extra pieces to clear the fairings. For frame sliders that require fairing cutting, I'd suggest checking out the OEM R6 frame sliders. As for no cuts I was considering the Graves set. Be advised tho that set is pretty pricey. At the end of the day, some protection is always better than no protection.

* Revving my heart since July 2017 *
2018 - Yamaha R6 (Team Blue)
2015 - Yamaha R3 (Team Blue) | SOLD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Premium Member

Bike: 2014 Yamaha R6
Garage

I've laid my bike down on these and they definitely made the difference between me having to buy new fairings and a tank. You can't go wrong for the price and they do stick out just a bit further then some of the other brands which is nice too. The no-cut frame sliders do have more potential of bending when you go down because the one side has an adapter that allows you to go around the fairing at a lower point. I just can't get myself to cut into my fairings so no-cut was the way for me and i've been happy so far. haha

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:33 PM
My R6 eats me.

A definite must, you won't be sad when you drop your bike with them.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:48 PM
I beat my R6.

Bike: 2018 R1M, 2018 S1000R

THEY'RE DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT. THE LAST GUY TO BACK HIS TRUCK INTO MY R6 GOT AWAY WITHOUT TOTALLING MY R6. THE PAYOUT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THOSE STINKING SLIDERS FROM SHOGUN. THE SLIDERS I HAD ON IT SAVED THE FAIRINGS AND TANK. I ONLY GOT A NEW EXHAUST MUFFLER, REARSET, WINDSCREEN, AND TAILLIGHT + TAIL OUT OF THAT DEAL. SUPER MAD ABOUT IT STILL.

In reality, frame sliders are going to save you the headache and downtime every time you manage to bring the bike down on its non-rubber side. While cut sliders are structurally more sound, the aesthetics of the bike have always persuaded me to get the no cut versions. All the times my bikes were laid down, the no cut sliders have always managed to save the fairings.

2013 R6 - Crashed
2012 R6 - Sold
2018 R1M - Bad financial decision
2018 S1000R - Maybe I should have just bought a V4S with all the money I spent on my 2018s.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:04 PM
Me eats R6 my

Garage

INMO frame sliders will help if the bike falls over or goes down at a slow speed, but a high speed crash will likely result in broken sliders and/or broken bolts which are also the engine mount bolts. These can be tricky to remove after broken off!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:19 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in