09 R6 LEDs? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

09 R6 LEDs?

Hi guys, brand new to the forums and also to Yamaha. First bike was a carb'd ZX6R and I've gotta say I'm loving the difference lol.

On to my question though: On my ZX6R, I bought and installed some LED dual filament headlights, but the little fans on the end of them stuck out so much that I had to use rubber bands to hold the covers on, and it honestly looked awful and was a hassle when they would snap. I paid for em though, so I just kept them on. 🙃🙃 Does anyone know of some good quality ones that are plug and play that'll fit behind the stock covers? Price isn't really a big issue, I'm more concerned on quality and fitment. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:31 PM
I eat my R6

Garage
Honestly, i bought the leds with fans on the back of them too for my 05 and didnt want them to go to waste so i found some fernco plumbing end caps from home depot that i used and used a hose clamp to secure them where my housing cap screwed on.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find it tacky but honestly, they look just fine installed and are cheap. I painted my hose clamps black to blend in as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_001257_HDR_1560234676507.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	361746  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: 09 R6 LEDs?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Amazing! That's actually an ingenious idea man, and it doesn't look half bad either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepareForTakeOff View Post
Honestly, i bought the leds with fans on the back of them too for my 05 and didnt want them to go to waste so i found some fernco plumbing end caps from home depot that i used and used a hose clamp to secure them where my housing cap screwed on.

You may find it tacky but honestly, they look just fine installed and are cheap. I painted my hose clamps black to blend in as well.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

I appreciate it bro, those caps look great and I messaged the OP about purchasing some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

One more question if anyone doesn't mind a little more input: What LEDs are y'all running? I found some on
and they have different varieties and options, but I'm confused on the low/high beam. With my ZX6R, both came on for low and high beam. When I originally went to look at my R6, I thought a bulb was out, but he said that's how they come. Low beam is single right side, high is both on. So I'm going to assume since I only have 2 that they're dual filament, but do I need special bulbs, or will any LED work and just turn the right side on when on low?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM
My R6 eats me.

Would these fit on an 06 R6?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 04:58 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

The only difference between left and right headlamp, is that the low-beam side has a metal block off plate over the bottom half of the light, before it hits the reflectors and lenses. (the lense inverts the light, so that the bottom becomes the top) The high beam side has nothing blocking any of the light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in