How to search this forum.. AND GET REAL RESULTS - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
How to search this forum.. AND GET REAL RESULTS

With all the information here on this site, we should pretty much have no new questions, and telling people to use the "Search Function" is such an asshole thing to say...

AND, I'm so sick of waiting 30 seconds in between searches that produce the shittiest results ever, or none at all... And the fact it doesn't let you search for 3 letter words is even more annoying. So, I decided to write up a HOW TO so everyone can avoid duplicate posts and aggravating everyone else.

Google is better than anything ever, we all know that... So use Google to search the forum. How? Easy..
  1. Goto google.com
  2. In the search field type this: site:r6-forum.com search terms
  3. if you put your search terms in quotes, google will find the exact line of text.
  4. If you don't put your search terms in quotes, google will locate all posts that have those words in them.. Even 3 letter words like oil..

Here's one example:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here's one where you specify the exact terms:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here's another one, a duplicate post from today actually. I hope this helps everyone find the information they need when they want it.

Also, clearly you can use this for any site you want just by changing the address after site:

Your Welcome!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	google1.jpg
Views:	5185
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	39099   Click image for larger version

Name:	google2.jpg
Views:	5166
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	39100   Click image for larger version

Name:	google3.jpg
Views:	5170
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	39103  
Superbike life likes this.

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 06-16-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM
I got yami blue balls

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: How to search this forum.. AND GET REAL RESULTS

Nice! Thanks for the info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Women, can't live with them, can't have heterosexual sex without them.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't know how to ride

Bike: R1

Awesome!! Never knew this trick before... Could actually be very useful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sig courtesy of annguyen1981

|R1-014 Dragon Squadron|Member # 09|
Covering: West/SW USA: CA, HI, NV, AZ

Proud Member of Team: TELETUBBY RACING

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
**This should be a sticky.. With all the information here on this site, we should pretty much have no new questions, and telling people to use the "Search Function" is such an asshole thing to say...

AND, I'm so sick of waiting 30 seconds in between searches that produce the shittiest results ever, or none at all... And the fact it doesn't let you search for 3 letter words is even more annoying. So, I decided to write up a HOW TO so everyone can avoid duplicate posts and aggravating everyone else.

Google is better than anything ever, we all know that... So use Google to search the forum. How? Easy..
  1. Goto google.com
  2. In the search field type this: site:r6-forum.com search terms
  3. if you put your search terms in quotes, google will find the exact line of text.
  4. If you don't put your search terms in quotes, google will locate all posts that have those words in them.. Even 3 letter words like oil..

Here's one example:

Here's one where you specify the exact terms:

Here's another one, a duplicate post from today actually. I hope this helps everyone find the information they need when they want it.

Also, clearly you can use this for any site you want just by changing the address after site:

Your Welcome!!
use the search feature!!

This is pretty sick. I agree with OP this should be stickied!

I <3

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Is this a segment?

Bike: Vengesicle

Cool.... but can you search "bolt" for me, I'm too lazy...

J/K. Yeah when I have something short to search on here I always just google it

Rest in Peace - Jason "Snocompton" Jones 2/23/87 - 11/4/11
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
U Know da kine!?

Bike: 2009 ZX10R

good to know, thanks.

09 ZX10R w/LEO VINCE SBK Factory EVOII Full Carbon Fiber Exhaust System, PCV, BMC Race Air Filter, -1 Driven Front Sprocket, Speedohealer, ASV Shorty Levers, CA Smoked Integrated Tail, FE, on Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's

STOLEN: 09 R6 Black/Gold w/Full Yoshimura TRC, PCV, Autotune, Smog Block Offs, BMC, 520 Gold Chain, -1/+2 Driven Black Sprockets,
, Speedohealer, Puig DB Smoked, Hotbodies Smoked, Motodynamic Smoked, FE, ASV, Driven Grips, BT-016, recording w/a

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Pigs can fly!

Bike: R6, Strom, 250R, CH80

Yay for Google site search
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I eat my r6

Bike: 2006 Bluejay R6

This is actually pretty helpful for a lot of people on here. Thanks for the effort.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

No problem guys. I figured spending the 20 minutes to write it up would save everyone a lot of time. Especially if your are looking to do a search for HID! lol
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:34 AM
I eat my R6

Good info, never thought about that.

This should be a sticky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in