How To: Coolant Flush w/ Pics - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 115 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I eat my R6

Re: How To: Coolant Flush w/ Pics

very nice write up. will be referring to this when needed.

2013 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Geared Up Moto,

Build Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 115 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 12:45 AM
I eat my R6

if the coolant is past the FULL line, its obviously bad? i was removing my fairings and noticed it on the bike probably from previous owner? or maybe dealership?

2013 Sponsors:
, Geared Up Moto,

Build Thread:
post #23 of 115 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Jesus Reigns

Bike: 2009 R6s

Thanks for the visuals. Wonder how much the dealer would charge though?

Shogun cut sliders
Graves fender eliminator
Motodynamic integrated taillights
Hotbodies Flushmounts
6000k Luminics Pure Blue headlights
SpeedoDRD
BMC Air Filter
Powercommander III
Level One Racing exhaust
Custom powercommander map

ASV Levers

We'll sing until the whole world hears

Praise the Father, praise the Son.

post #24 of 115 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Needs more Motorcycles

Bike: 06 R6 Track, 03 600rr Str

Note** dont overtighten the water pump drain bolt thus sheering off the aluminum bolt head in aluminum
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GooGle Me
post #25 of 115 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2005 CTS V

Quote:
Originally Posted by motosector View Post
Note** dont overtighten the water pump drain bolt thus sheering off the aluminum bolt head in aluminum
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

now this sounds like fun.

Full Titanium Sato GP
Woodcraft Clip-Ons
Graves Smog Plates
Fren Turbo Type 4's
AggRacing Rear Wave Rotor
Pazzo Shorties
Bazzaz ZFI + AFM

Future Mods:
Track time +++
Brembo RCS
HyperPro RSC
post #26 of 115 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Cant get enough of my 6

Bike: 08 Raven

nice write up

post #27 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Sex and Bikes Go Together

Bike: 2005 R6

this helped a ton, did it in about an hour and a half. Also I believe the instructions say to leave the radiator cap on....well I would suggest taking it off while letting it drain from water pump, just from my own messing experience. Other than that perfect.
post #28 of 115 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Nerd dick

Bike: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
this helped a ton, did it in about an hour and a half. Also I believe the instructions say to leave the radiator cap on....well I would suggest taking it off while letting it drain from water pump, just from my own messing experience. Other than that perfect.
Yea i took mine off when it was cold, and had to wait until it cooled down to 130 degrees before removing it after running with just water. GREAT WRITE UP!

Only tip i'd add, is if you have time, don't pull the drain plug out all the way, let it drip for like 10 minutes, then pull it out. Helps keep it from spilling everywhere like it did to me the first time

03 R6-Special Edition (Sold)
04 R6-Red/blk (Sold)
Proud owner of a 05 red/blk beast

K&N, Yoshi carbon exhaust, PCIII, AGG Racing DRD & Smog off plates, -1+2 driven sprockets.

My 05 Build page

(updated 7/2/2012)
brakes are like being with a girl, better to use 2 fingers
post #29 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Bike: 2009 Rice 6

thanks

Run Track? Got Speed? I Got Fast Company

Mods: Perfromance:
I love Rice Sticker for extra 5hp

Olson Exhaust system w/Y-Pipe.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Brake Calliper Flushmounts.

My Custom Motodynamic Tail Lights.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
1/8th: 7.18sec @ 104.89mph
post #30 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 AM
billdozer

Bike: 2011 R6

thanks op this is going to be a big help, I am switching to engine ice this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in