Audi Lights R6. Cheap & Quick. How To: - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
STOP riding the BRAKES!

Bike: '07 R6
Re: Audi Lights R6. Cheap & Quick. How To:

^^^im pretty sure cuz it's easier, less time consuming and safer then busting open the headlights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.:2007 R6 TOTALED:.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM
formerly usmc08r6

Bike: 08 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuamBomb View Post
The LED strips don't need tape. BUT you can use some kind of double sided tape(3M).

Trust me they are on there squeezed tight by the light and the fairing. *hence* that's why u have to pry it a little open because its tough to open it on the ends.

Here is the link to the LED strips.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thanks, how did you wire them? straight to the battery or did you hook them up to something else? toggle switch maybe?

08 cadmium yellow/black flame
full m4
pcIII usb
bmc race filter
driven -1/+2 520 ek chain
speedohealer
hotbodies undertail
post #13 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Bike: 2009 Rice 6

Ok that's the direct link to what exactly I got. Mention the color you want when you order.

Run Track? Got Speed? I Got Fast Company
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Perfromance:
I love Rice Sticker for extra 5hp

Olson Exhaust system w/Y-Pipe.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Brake Calliper Flushmounts.

My Custom Motodynamic Tail Lights.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
1/8th: 7.18sec @ 104.89mph

post #14 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Bike: 2009 Rice 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc08r6 View Post

thanks, how did you wire them? straight to the battery or did you hook them up to something else? toggle switch maybe?

I wired it with my flushmount wires. This way I had a choice of running lights or just signal lights.

Speaking of this, does anyone know how to sync it with both running and signal lights?

Run Track? Got Speed? I Got Fast Company

Mods: Perfromance:
I love Rice Sticker for extra 5hp

Olson Exhaust system w/Y-Pipe.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Brake Calliper Flushmounts.

My Custom Motodynamic Tail Lights.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
1/8th: 7.18sec @ 104.89mph
post #15 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM
what?

Bike: 07 R6S,
Send a message via Yahoo to R6S in Daygo

Quote:
I wired it with my flushmount wires. This way I had a choice of running lights or just signal lights.

Speaking of this, does anyone know how to sync it with both running and signal lights?
If the LED strip had three wires then its possible, otherwise its only one or the other.

Current mods:
Puig DB DS screen | Bruce Fab fender eliminator | Smoked flushies | K&N air filter | Sato frame sliders | smoked integrated tail | OEM seat cowl | stickers removed | DDM 6000K HID's | powdercoated rear sets | R6 forum sock (thanks Agg!!) | Pazzo shorty levers | PCIII | black Euro key (thanks SlowBoyRacing!!) | CF LOR slip on | CF GYTR hanger | Driven -1/+2 conversion | Speedo Healer | block off plates |

Coming soon:
SS brake lines | can't think of what's next...

Chillin with my two little boys... and my new little girl
post #16 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven

Quote:

It can be done, but will require a 5 pin relay.

Wire the relay as follows:
Pin 30 to running light wire (flushmounts)
Pin 87a to power wire for LED's
Pin 87 has no connection (be sure to put a blank connector on it so it can't short)
Pin 85 to turn signal wire (flushmounts)
Pin 86 to ground
LED ground to ground.

the only catch is that the LED's and flushmounts will not flash together, they will be 100% opposite. 1 relay is required per side or you can pick up a Directed Electronics 451m.
post #17 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Very Nice!!

Bike: 2008 R6 Yellow/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadzj View Post
It can be done, but will require a 5 pin relay.

Wire the relay as follows:
Pin 30 to running light wire (flushmounts)
Pin 87a to power wire for LED's
Pin 87 has no connection (be sure to put a blank connector on it so it can't short)
Pin 85 to turn signal wire (flushmounts)
Pin 86 to ground
LED ground to ground.

the only catch is that the LED's and flushmounts will not flash together, they will be 100% opposite. 1 relay is required per side or you can pick up a Directed Electronics 451m.
So let me see if i understand this?

I can use these as turn signals right... so i have flushmounts but they are only two wire not three with the running lights which is fine.

I could just wire them into the turn signals positive wire right, an then they would come on along with my flushies?

Mods
-DDM Tuning 6K HID
-Fender eliminator
-MotoDynamics Smoke integrated taillight
-Flush mount turn signals
-GYTR spools
-Zero Gravity Smoked Windscreen
-Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
-Full Leo Vince SBK Evo ii / CF can
-PCV
-BMC filter
-520 Conversion -1/+2 with Yellow Ek chain

post #18 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM
formerly usmc08r6

Bike: 08 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1cKn3s View Post
So let me see if i understand this?

I can use these as turn signals right... so i have flushmounts but they are only two wire not three with the running lights which is fine.

I could just wire them into the turn signals positive wire right, an then they would come on along with my flushies?

and i would assume also the ground

08 cadmium yellow/black flame
full m4
pcIII usb
bmc race filter
driven -1/+2 520 ek chain
speedohealer
hotbodies undertail
post #19 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6

looks cool, but i'd like to see how bright they are from a distance
post #20 of 295 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM
STOP riding the BRAKES!

Bike: '07 R6

^^^+1, and with the head lights on too please!

.:2007 R6 TOTALED:.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in