Audi Lights R6. Cheap & Quick. How To: - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Bike: 2009 Rice 6
Audi Lights R6. Cheap & Quick. How To:

This my way on installing Audi style LED on your R6.

(latest pic 9/20/10)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Short Video of it:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It cost me $10 for 30cm LED strip on ebay. Just search it on ebay as "LED pvc strip".

It took me 15min or lil less to install it on one headlight.

I thought it be a easy way to do it like this because I didn't want to take apart my headlights. I've done the heating headlights in oven AND heat gun before in my cars and for friends. But this way is better and easy to replace "if" the lights go bad. This is so much less hassle in installing and for future replacement.

*you can mask tape the headlight and the surroundings of the headlamp just incase you might scratch.*

1. Take out the inner foam thin strip padding on the bottom half of the headlamp with small thin flat head screw driver.
2. I've tucked in the LED strip under the light. You can use small screw driver to pry and give little bigger gap to tuck it in. Adjust to desire setting on depth.
3. Wire it to your flushmounts for running lights or signal lights. That's it!!.
You might have to extend the wires from the LED to the flushmount wires.
(if u want both running and signal light then u will have to use a 5pin relay)

More pics to come in a few min. I am writing this while I wait in line at the DMV lol!

1. Take out inner thin foam. With flat head.

2. Tuck LED strip. U can use flat head to pry a little bigger gap like pic below. The ends will be tough so u will need to pry it open a little to make it easier on tucking in the LED. I would mask the headlamp and the area you are working with. It's a 'Just in case" thing for you might slip the screw driver and scartch the lamp or paint job.

3. Wire it to your flushmounts for runnings or signal lights..FINISH!...Yup That's It!!
You might have to extend the wires from the LED to the flushmount wires.

Enjoy your sick headlamps!

This one is just the led on, no headlamp on. Yes they are really that bright.

With my 6k HID on.

Run Track? Got Speed? I Got Fast Company
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Perfromance:
I love Rice Sticker for extra 5hp

Olson Exhaust system w/Y-Pipe.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Brake Calliper Flushmounts.

My Custom Motodynamic Tail Lights.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
1/8th: 7.18sec @ 104.89mph

Last edited by GuamBomb; 03-23-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
STOP riding the BRAKES!

Bike: '07 R6
Re: Audi Lights R6. Cheap & Quick. How To:

I wonder how it'll hold up to rain, or washing it for that matter. If it's all good, might try these, but as turn signals. You really can't see my flush mounts.

Nice job!

.:2007 R6 TOTALED:.
post #3 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Up dated pics in post #1

Thanks corndog. It should be ok because its suppost to be water proof. Make sure the led is waterproof. Oh and these are "NOT SMD LED". Smd is thin and won't stay in place. You can try smd if you want.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:

post #4 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Couple more pics added.

Post up if you will do this or when you do it. Other pics would be nice

Oh and you can tuck it on top instead of on bottom. Your prefrence. If you do that definitely post pics because I was debating to do that instead. But I chose traditional Audi.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
post #5 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
STOP riding the BRAKES!

Bike: '07 R6

Post a link to the website and the LEDs you got.

How are they staying on? Glue? Tape?

.:2007 R6 TOTALED:.
post #6 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
formerly usmc08r6

Bike: 08 r6

yea i'm with corndog, this looks clean but how are they holding up to riding, or did you leave out some way of keeping them secure? if i end up doing this it'll be for turn signals as well probably since im planning on the projector mod

08 cadmium yellow/black flame
full m4
pcIII usb
bmc race filter
driven -1/+2 520 ek chain
speedohealer
hotbodies undertail
post #7 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Cant get enough of my 6

Bike: 08 Raven

nice job

post #8 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc08r6 View Post
yea i'm with corndog, this looks clean but how are they holding up to riding, or did you leave out some way of keeping them secure? if i end up doing this it'll be for turn signals as well probably since im planning on the projector mod
The LED strips don't need tape. BUT you can use some kind of double sided tape(3M).

Trust me they are on there squeezed tight by the light and the fairing. *hence* that's why u have to pry it a little open because its tough to open it on the ends.

Here is the link to the LED strips.

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
post #9 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
4.27sec 40yrd Dash

Sorry fix link:

Exterior:
Custom painted fairings.
Audi Light.

My Custom Eliminator.

Turn Signal Mirrors.

Track Times:
post #10 of 296 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM
R6 2006

Bike: 06 R6, 50th anniversary

why not just put it inside the headlight, will hold up better that way

Mods:
Hotbodies MGP Growler Slip-on
Olson Mid pipe
Graves Smog block offs
K&N air filter
Power Commander 3
Halo Projector Headlights(Thanks JE824016)
Hotbodies windscreen
Powdercoated rearsets & Passenger pegs
Custom painted Aux light (Thanks CheapMods)
Passenger Seat cowl
Flush turn signals
T-Rex frame sliders, clutch slider, swing arm spools
BikeLitez Fender Eliminator
Carbon Fiber Triple Tree cover
LED Passenger Pegs(TripageLED.com)
ASV Shorty Levers
Driven Gel D3 Grips
Driven Bar ends

Mods to come:
Powder Coated Rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in