Kryptonbulbs.com R6 Projector with Angel Eyes Install (Warning Pic Heavy) - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
"Krypton"

Bike: Yamaha R1
Kryptonbulbs.com R6 Projector with Angel Eyes Install (Warning Pic Heavy)

First off, let me tell you, I SUCK at doing how to's for the simple fact that I never stop to take pictures. I do have TONS of pics however, Hopefully I took them all at the right time.

EDIT: I wanted to mention that these are Bi-Xenon Projectors, with this mod you will have low beams on both sides and high beams on both sides.

These are available with the following color angel eyes:
White
Blue
Red

These are available with the following K ratings:

/EDIT

Edit #2: I have the mounting brackets now, they will work for the 06 - 11 R6. They are located here:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also Have a couple vids of the Finished products

This "How To" is compiled from 2 installs that I did as I didnt take enough pics on either one of them LOL.

Some pics of the projectors:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OK, we take a perfectly good headlight Housing and we bake it at 200 F for about 12 minutes.

Seperate the housings by applying pressure to the tabs and pulling apart

Now, some people put the projectors into the reflective housings, but there are some clearance issues to do that on some models. I Remove the Reflective housings to install plates that I make

I then remove the brackets (there are 2) from the reflective housings

Now, I use some special plastic I ordered in but I started by using a cutting board you can buy at walmart. I Cut plates to the general shape and sanded or recut until I had a good fit inside the housing

I drill a 3/4" hole for the projector to mount through, a 1/2" hole for the wires for the shutter and angel eye to go through, 4 smaller holes (#35 drill bit) for the mounting brackets, and 3 5/16" holes for the adjusted screws to go through. I mill the plates to accept the brackets I pulled off the reflective housings. I give the adjuster screw mounts .175" of clearance and drop the mounting locating for the larger bracket .100" for the one screw

I then attach the adjustment brackets I pulled from the reflective housings

Then I install the plates to the headlight housing, at this point I make sure its a good fit and if it is not I might take a little more material off the edges.

After this it is time to put the Projectors in
Which it seems I didnt take a picture of off, but I do have one on, at this piont I recommend testing the system.

On my first install I didnt put any shrouds in, On the second one I started. I used some material I found at a craft store but I do want to change to a black rubber cookie sheet liner next time, here is what it looks like. *important note, you need to put these on before you mount the projectors
so go back one step lol

I then test the system again and begin to reinstall the lenses. You can bake the headlight housing again to get it back together or use a heat gun. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH A HEAT GUN, you can melt the plastic. I would actually try a hair dryer. You can use the included glue, but in reality, you dont loose any of what was on the housing to begin with and you should be fine just reinstalling it with the factory glue.

Last edited by KryptonBulbs; 11-22-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
"Krypton"

Re: Kryptonbulbs.com R6 Projector with Angel Eyes Install (Warning Pic Heavy)

A few pics of the system back together with the lenses on some with power on some off, note, these are 2 different setups, one with white angel eyes and 1 with blue:

Now on to some wiring,
On the 1st kit I wired the angel eyes right into the headlight power, I hooked up to the wires that power the ballasts (it is still DC at this point). I soldered these wires to the connector pins and reinstalled them in the connectors. They come apart rather easy with a pick to release the pins from the connector.

The other kit I ran the wires to a switch for the customer... SORRY, NO PICS! and he is going to pick up power from his running lights so when he turns the key on the angel eyes will turn on as well as giving him the option to shut them off if he wants.

I remove the stock wires from the housing by using a pick to pull the pins out of the connectors, I reinstall the pins to use these for my final wiring

I drill the dust covers to 7/8" (its really tight) to accept the plugs with the wires through them. I also make some small incisions in the plugs to get the shutter wires and the halo wires through.

I remove the female spade style connectors from the plastic connector housing so that I can plug them into the new control harness. (again using a pick or a small screwdrive in this case, sorry I dont have a pic of me doing this.

The pink wire is the high beam positive wire, the White wire is the low beam positive wire, and the blue wire is a ground.

Other than that you need to find a place to mount the ballasts for the HID's and the ignitors for the Angel eyes. The rest of the wiring is pretty straight forward, everything has connectors and will only fit the wires they should be connected to except there is one positive wire to go to the battery, 2 negative or common wires to be attached to a ground point (something on the frame but it needs to be bare metal, or you could always just splice them together and run a neg straight to the battery.) and light we touched on earlier hooking up the wires for the angel eyes power.

Oh, you also have to mount the relay for the system somewhere, if you have seen DDM's monster relays these should look much more appealing to you

Here are some vids of the systems in action

post #3 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
"Krypton"

And before I forget,
You can purchase the kit OR the kit with install here:

I feel $300 for kit and install is a STEAL.... jump on it before I act on my feelings... If you buy now you can always ship to me over the winter and I will honer the install at the price you bought it for.

If you want a switch to turn the Angel Eyes on and off its $20 extra

***EDIT***
I have decided to do only 10 kits total at this price. Knowing what the competition charges and when I stop to think about everything going into these installs I really am not making alot for my time when you add in the extra material used and the fact that I cover shipping back to you. Now, I still want to be the best price out there and from what I hear people charge between 500 and 600 for these mods, I am going to do the mod for $400 ($150 for the kit $250 for the install) with a couple of options that will make it a little higher if they are wanted. I am also going to be working at trying to perfect my plates and shrouds so I can offer them for sale for the do it yourselfers so you can do the mod for about half the price yourself (when these are ready)

Anyhow, I have done 2 so far and I have had one other customer pay already with a headlight housing on its way to me. So, I am offering this for 7 more kits. I am raising the price on the site now, and for the $300 kit/installation you will need to use the following coupon code which will be valid for 7 uses, after the 7th guy buys using this code it will automatically expire.

The Coupon code is:
r6proj

Applied during checkout this will take $100 off the order.

I think 7 more mods is a decent amount guys, but remember act fast as others probably want these too. Anybody is more than welcome to buy now and have them installed over the winter so they can lock in at this price, If I get a few of the preorders in for install over the winter I may add some more allowed people to this coupon code.

Last edited by KryptonBulbs; 09-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.

post #4 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

what kinda projectors are these?

its a damn good price!!!

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Just another r6'er

Bike: 10 Ducati Streetfighter S

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
what kinda projectors are these?

its a damn good price!!!
can you please resize your sig pic.
post #6 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
"Krypton"

These are the projectors I have available through the HID factory I deal with. You can call them "Kryptonbulbs.com Projectors" if you must label them
post #7 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonBulbs View Post
These are the projectors I have available through the HID factory I deal with. You can call them "Kryptonbulbs.com Projectors" if you must label them
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by premiumdrummer View Post
can you please resize your sig pic.
Done, now u can sleep better at nights, lol

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #8 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:36 PM
kin
Batman wants my bike...

Bike: 06 R6
Send a message via AIM to kin

very nice! def look into this in the future (ie. when i have more funds)

Mods: Full MJS Performance System, Agg Racing Smog Block off plates, Graves no-cut frame sliders, T-Rex Racing spools, Greggs flushmounts, CA integrated tail light, DDM Tuning 8000k HID kit, custom fender eliminator, DB Puig black screen, Michelin Pilot Power tires, etc.
post #9 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

They look great Josh!!! Looks like a mod a lot of people will be doing in the off season, which is just around the corner..... Josh has great customer service, and his prices are unbeatable... He's slowly stealing the market!
post #10 of 274 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Mario J's Apple Juice

Bike: White Raven R6

I need money...!

Special Thanks to
for this sig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in