Front brake lever adjustment???? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Clerks 2 IS cool

Bike: 02 R6
Send a message via Yahoo to R6ed
Front brake lever adjustment????

Ok I am really not stupid,
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have owned an R6 now for about 4 years. I am a mechanic (helicopter). Ok here is my question, On the front brake lever there is an adjustment 1-5, What does this affect? I have asked numerous people around here that ride and they all give me different answers. Also what would be the best number to have it set on. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2005 R6
well im not sure about your bike, but on an 05 the nob as like 3 settings, and all it does is adjust the position of the lever
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 03:38 PM
BEEFY!

Bike: 05 R6 track, 06 R1 street
Send a message via AIM to ShortyR6 Send a message via Yahoo to ShortyR6
it will adjust how far out you want the lever. i keep mine close since i have short fingers, but you can adjust it to your liking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: Red 04 R6
yep, just adjusts how far or close the actual lever is
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 PM
I <3 Orange Chicken

Bike: 2010 YZF-R6 - Blue
Re: Front brake lever adjustment????

Does adjusting the lever's distance from the throttle also change the point where the brake engages? And, which direction of the bolt adjustments makes it wider and which one closer to the throttle?

I would like the front brake to engage earlier with less pull of the lever, so that it's easier to trail brake with just 2 fingers. I'm happy with the distance the lever currently sits from the throttle. So, I'm confused as to whether adjusting the lever's distance from the throttle will achieve what I need it to do. If I'm facing the lever, and I turn the bolt to the right, will that make the lever close to the throttle and engage the brake sooner?

If I make the lever too close to the throttle, then it squishes my right-hand's ring finger and pinky, since I only brake with my index and middle finger. Right now, the engagement point is too long- meaning that the brake lever almost has to be fully pulled in for me to feel the brake is engaging. It's not good for trail braking. I need the brake to engage at about 1/2 way point of the lever being pulled.

Does the brake line tension have to be adjusted to achieve what I want to do?

Thanks.

2010 Yamaha YZF-R6 - Blue [4.09.2011] - GYTR CF Heel Trim, ProGrip CF Tank Pad, Shogun NC Crash Kit, Yamaha White Seat Cowl, GPR v4 Steering Damper
2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 - Blue [3.30.2013] - GYTR CF Heel Trim, ProGrip CF Tank Pad, Shogun NC Crash Kit, Yamaha White Seat Cowl
2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Blue [1.23.2010 - 3.10.2012 Sold]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in