Lowering your bike using the Diamondpowersports Dog bone. - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Send a message via MSN to fireblade31003 Send a message via Yahoo to fireblade31003
Lowering your bike using the Diamondpowersports Dog bone.

I chose this one because its a one piece with two setting one inch or 3 inches. Pretty easy to install but your need two people. Once you break the bolts that hold the old bone tilt the bike on the kick stand and pull the rear wheel so you can remove the bone. Put the new bone on in the sme manner and your set to go. If you can lower the front but just with me sitting on it with one inch down I didn't need too. Three inches will require you to drop the front and change the kick stand. One you can stay with the stock kickstand.

Blade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 05:54 PM
I eat my R6

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yeah, I had to re-weld my kickstand. Dropping the front has made it corner even better, and I don't have to worry about my front end getting shaky---a steering damper is a waste of money on the '03 R6. For anyone who needs a little more detail on how to lower their bike, check out my how to's a little farther down the list.

call guiness..

Char
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in