R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 11.0 - Page 397 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3961 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM
front towards enemy...

Bike: 2008 R6S
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 11.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
I have been lucky to have not crashed or been hit while riding but I know it's only a matter of time. I know I will miss it but this is why I keep thinking of selling my bike. If I had a track I could take it to I would make a dedicated track bike in a second but for city streets there is just way to much out of my control. I have top of the line gear but that just hopefully saves your life, still going to hurt like fcuk when shit goes wrong
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glad you are ok man. Hope the driver had insurance
yeah, I thought about this recently, had a buddy go down hard. With a kid now, there is more to think about. but its like anything else. manage your risks as best you can and hope for the best.. you start giving up everything that could 'hurt' you'd end up living in a bubble before long...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'...any colour that he wants so long as it is black.' -Henry Ford
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illernoise View Post
Good thing the wife was willing to help me, it took some muscle to get it tightened.
icwydt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Respect!

Someone was looking after you Stef!
Just like when I flew superman style into an SUV last year at 55+ mph and had no broken bones...sometimes it's unexplainable. Glad you're still kicking Stef!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
post #3963 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: A snail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_r6s View Post
yeah, I thought about this recently, had a buddy go down hard. With a kid now, there is more to think about. but its like anything else. manage your risks as best you can and hope for the best.. you start giving up everything that could 'hurt' you'd end up living in a bubble before long...
Yup, exactly manage your risks. I'd like to think that 95% of the time I am an excellent and safe rider but even with that there is just lots I can't control. I am sure I am just as likely to get into an accident in a vehicle but at least I am more protected then.

I have had a motto I have lived by for a long time and that is "I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door". My biggest thing is I want to ride the bike it's meant to be ridden. I want to keep it above 10k rpm's and see how fast I can take it around the twistys. This is where the 5% I was missing above scares me.

Fcuk I wish we had a decent track up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherHalf View Post
Got permission from the hubby to get out of the kitchen and post on a thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoe007 View Post
"Never try and teach a pig how to sing. It just wastes your time and pisses off the pig."

RIP Jason (snocompton) you were an amazing guy and will be missed

post #3964 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:54 AM
front towards enemy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
Yup, exactly manage your risks. I'd like to think that 95% of the time I am an excellent and safe rider but even with that there is just lots I can't control. I am sure I am just as likely to get into an accident in a vehicle but at least I am more protected then.

I have had a motto I have lived by for a long time and that is "I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door". My biggest thing is I want to ride the bike it's meant to be ridden. I want to keep it above 10k rpm's and see how fast I can take it around the twistys. This is where the 5% I was missing above scares me.

Fcuk I wish we had a decent track up here.
I agree w/ the manage part.. I don't know redisdead that well, but we talked about track days a few days ago. he seemed to know what he's doing and still got it... people F-ing suck.

I just started looking into doing tracks, NOTHING around here that I can find.
All I really do is commute/around town ride. There are a lot of backroads here that are completely empty except during the rice harvest, that's the only place I really get to 'open' it as much as I dare right now.

Quote:
Good thing the wife was willing to help me, it took some muscle to get it tightened.
icwydt
post #3965 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

this is one of the reasons behind me kinda wanting to sell/part-out the track bike and get a couple 4-wheelers. i'm 33, and seem to get hurt a lot easier these days than i did back in my early 20's.
but it's a fact of life. plus i still have the tard.
best, most fun bike EVER.

idk... i'm relieved i didn't wake up to another string of shitty news/threads - this time about stef.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #3966 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

It was a lady that did it, and the police didn't come, so she wasn't cited at the scene. I called Tyson from the scene for advice and also to check the dispatch. No one had been dispatched yet and we had already traded information and collected witness info, so we went our separate ways. The witness works for an insurance company and should be on my side on this one, so I think it's pretty much a done deal.

She was covered and pretty sure she is 100% at fault, so I should be looking at the bike and all my gear getting replaced, as well as my medical bills getting paid, and compensation. Honestly though, I don't care about all that shit, I'm just happy to be here with my kid. That stuff will work itself out anyway.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #3967 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
It was a lady that did it, and the police didn't come, so she wasn't cited at the scene. I called Tyson from the scene for advice and also to check the dispatch. No one had been dispatched yet and we had already traded information and collected witness info, so we went our separate ways. The witness works for an insurance company and should be on my side on this one, so I think it's pretty much a done deal.

She was covered and pretty sure she is 100% at fault, so I should be looking at the bike and all my gear getting replaced, as well as my medical bills getting paid, and compensation. Honestly though, I don't care about all that shit, I'm just happy to be here with my kid. That stuff will work itself out anyway.
Just got caught up, bro... WTF????!!! Bottom line... glad you're mostly okay and here with us!!!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade

post #3968 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Quote:

It's good you got all the info and such. Praying for speedy recovery!!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
post #3969 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
front towards enemy...

Quote:

I'm sure you know what to do, but my advice is LOTS of pics, with date/time stamps just in case. She may have a change of heart and try to fight it.

Glad you're ok though, that's what counts man

Quote:
icwydt
post #3970 of 8341 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

RESPECT

I <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in