New pup...want some opinions - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
View Poll Results: What should i do for my pup?
Wait and get a Red Heeler 4 50.00%
Get the Border Collie/Catahoula now 3 37.50%
Wait to see if other same mixes come up 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 08 Blue R6, Red 03 (sold)
New pup...want some opinions

Hey, what up everyone!

I know we dont get as much traffic as we used to but oh well...wanted to get some opinions from some of the members now!

Unfortunately, i lost my pup on November 7th. I loved her and she was amazing. She got liver cancer and passed away at 8 years 4 months. I posted a few pics of her over the years but she was a full Rottie and was my girl.

Its been enough time and i've decided to get another pup...i've been looking for strictly a red heeler because i'm looking to get a different sex and different breed so i dont expect the new pup to be just like Roxy.

Anyway...the other night i found a Border Collie/Catahoula mix just a couple hours from me that would be available on May 4th which is great timing for me.

I'm not "crazy" about a different breed other than the red heeler i've been looking for but this one is perfect timing, owners seem very attentive, and he's close.

Should i:
1. Wait and get the red heeler
2. Cave and go with the border collie/catahoula mix available now
3. See if there are other border collie mixes, such as a border collie/heeler, down the road

I'm not putting an other option for the pole because i'm not looking for other breeds other than the above
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike:
2008 Yamaha R6 - Full Graves system, KN filter, PCV with Autotune, Agg block offs, Bauce ECU, Ohlins damper, Shermoto levers, Vortex rearsets, flush fronts, integrated rear, Zero Gravity screen, black passenger pegs, LP sliders, LP spools, and more to come.

Cage:
2012 Nissan Frontier King Pro-4X

Sold:
2003 Yamaha R6 - LOR Exhaust, PC3, Velocity Stacks, Block offs, BMC Race, Custom Tune, 520 15/50, Speedohealer, Spiegler brake lines front and rear, Custom paint, Custom wheels, Smoked flush fronts, Smoked integrated rear, Zero Gravity screen, Shorty levers, Driven grips, Powdercoated rearsets and pegs, sliders, spool, and probably more I'm missing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 10:40 PM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: New pup...want some opinions

Sucks this place isn't what it used to be. I check in every now and then and all I see are "Getting my 5 posts" threads. The format switch really killed this place.

But...why not both? Can never save enough pups. And BC/Catahoula sounds like a gorgeous mix. Gonna have some working pups on your hands.

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Its true - i remember when this place was hoppin for sure. oh well. I dont have facebook and wouldnt use that even if i did so i'll continue to be here haha

i decided to pass on the pup and will continue searching for a red heeler...just feels like the right dog for me. Definitely going to have my hands full with him...

Bike:
2008 Yamaha R6 - Full Graves system, KN filter, PCV with Autotune, Agg block offs, Bauce ECU, Ohlins damper, Shermoto levers, Vortex rearsets, flush fronts, integrated rear, Zero Gravity screen, black passenger pegs, LP sliders, LP spools, and more to come.

Cage:

Sold:
2003 Yamaha R6 - LOR Exhaust, PC3, Velocity Stacks, Block offs, BMC Race, Custom Tune, 520 15/50, Speedohealer, Spiegler brake lines front and rear, Custom paint, Custom wheels, Smoked flush fronts, Smoked integrated rear, Zero Gravity screen, Shorty levers, Driven grips, Powdercoated rearsets and pegs, sliders, spool, and probably more I'm missing
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:22 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

so sorry for Roxy...she was a great pup as far as I remember.

Have you looked at red heeler rescues?

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 02:01 PM
My R6 eats me.

border collie/heeler rescues for the win!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
so sorry for Roxy...she was a great pup as far as I remember.

Have you looked at red heeler rescues?
Yeah, man...it was definitely hard on me to lose her. I was drunk that day and hungover the next for sure.

She was a great pup and i miss her for sure
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did look at rescues, actually. However, i thought about it more after i posted and decided to get the Catahoula/Border Collie mix. The people really sold him for me as well. They were super responsive, answered every question i had, and provided me with every photo i asked for.

I pick him up May 4th. His name is Cash (short for Cassius)...here are a few recent pics of him - currently 4 weeks old

Attached Images
File Type: jpg output.jpg (410.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg output_4.jpg (439.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg output_3.jpg (434.6 KB, 5 views)
Zevzy likes this.

Bike:

Cage:

Sold:
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 02:08 PM
I eat my R6

Pretty dog. I lost my Bull Terrier to cancer
and it was about 3 months before I got another pup (got a beagle this time). Can’t stand to be without a dog.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duder View Post
Pretty dog. I lost my Bull Terrier to cancer
and it was about 3 months before I got another pup (got a beagle this time). Canít stand to be without a dog.
sorry to hear that, man...

its been super quiet at my place which is what got me looking again. I'm nervous for the new pup but still very excited. Will be great.

hoping he'll keep those blue eyes but if he doesnt, oh well. I'll know in 2-3 weeks or so.

Bike:

Cage:

Sold:
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 05:40 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

I would have suggested a rescue instead of a breeder but it's your choice. not enough pups have homes and they get euthanized too often. but I didn't come here to preach. cute pup!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

I looked at rescues but didnt find the pup i was wanting...i do agree with you, though.

Bike:

Cage:

Sold:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in