1Likes
  • 1 Post By FZ1guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success
Life!

For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:26 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Life!

I'm all ears!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

Always have a plan B
Straight Success likes this.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:56 AM

Bike: '14 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
For the younger generation that will come after us, give them some heads up on what to expect from life and how to navigate it.
Okay, you start...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success

I would say first and foremost, be truthful and honest within one's self. With that comes self-respect, and with self-respect, one should be able to look them self in the eyes using a mirror with confidence while not having to turn away. Don't follow the crowd because it's the thing to do - do it if you are a part of the crowd doing things in a positive light to better life. It's okay to be the different one as long as your intentions and goals are positive for you and us. It can be a very tough world, so grow thick skin. Set goals and achieve them. Plan your work, and then work your plan. Most, if not all of the time, if it comes easy, it's not going to last very long and be enjoyable. When you earn an honest buck to get what you want, you’ll appreciate it that much more - that I can validate. I'm sure many others can attest to it as well. DO NOT GO INTO MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF DEBT - it's another form of control and power. Have some fun when you have a few extra dollars to spare. If you can genuinely help someone without wanting nothing in return, the feeling is beyond imaginable - try it and see for yourself.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:25 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1guy View Post
Always have a plan B
Plan B might help keep these little 'Life!' talks from being necessary in the first place. -Quote:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you have to use Plan B, then it's already too late. -Quote: Ms. Chlamydia

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:36 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: Kawasaki ZX6R & YamahaYZF

Life: LIVE IT!!!

Tomorrow is never guaranteed so don't wait for the "right time," the "best time, "when you're older," "next year" etc....If an opportunity comes along, take it, and don't settle. Live big, be kind, go for it, follow your dreams, don't let anyone dim your shine.

There was a moment in my life, I was about 25, I had just started riding and racing and I took the California Superbike School as a student and found out they were hiring coaches. I applied but was told I wasn't quite fast enough...and it was kind of a part time (not huge pay) gig that involved a lot of travel. At the same time I applied for a high up marketing position (way over my head) in a local company. The job paid well, had benefits, was secure and had long term prospects but it was Mon-Fri 9-5 with a commute, working in an office. I was offered the position and EVERYONE, my parents, boyfriend at the time, friends etc said it wan an amazing opportunity but something in my gut told me it wasn't right, that I wouldn't be happy.....and so despite what EVERYONE else thought, I turned it down. Literally the next day I got offered the coaching position, started coaching full time and supplementing my income with writing gigs for motorcycle magazines and suddenly I was living a dream life, working a dream job and loving every minute of it. The point is, that I could have taken the more logical, easier, safer, more secure route but I don't think I would have been happy with it....When I said no to that, so many more doors opened up and I couldn't imagine my life without coaching and travelling and riding motorcycles for a living!

So, just do it. Follow your passion, study, learn, live, challenge yourself, travel, stay fit, find good friends, let go of negativity in your life and go for it.

"Leap and the net will appear!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in