cleaned coils, change air filter,oil filter/oil now bike wont start please help! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

cleaned coils, change air filter,oil filter/oil now bike wont start please help!

i changed my air filter from the stock one that looks like a sponge i took my air box apart in the process, if you have one i guess youve seen it it was terrible it looked like it had never been cleanee. i was very hapoy i felt like my money was well spent on this air filter considering i picked up this bike used. i had intended to replace the spark plugs did my research found out which plugs to get, buy i had no clue thete was a certain type of socket arm youd need to reach the plugs. so i just clean the coiks instead. the coils were a bitch to get out but they had ended up comeing out i cleaned them wiped them off with a damp rag never did i wet them or anything more. thwn i did my oil filter replaced the garbage original one with a k&n filter same as the air filter. i watched what i did took my time putting ut back and it still was giving me oroblens andnnot wanting to staet now or sounding weak while attempting to start. please help i was only trying to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:29 PM
Premium Member

Bike: 2014 Yamaha R6
Garage
Re: cleaned coils, change air filter,oil filter/oil now bike wont start please help!

I would make sure your coils are fully seated back in place and you didn't crack or bend any of your fuel lines that run under the tank
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:46 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: cleaned coils, change air filter,oil filter/oil now bike wont start please help!

Year?

Crank but no start? No crank? Any codes? Does it at least try to start?

Most common thing, is to forget to plug the fuel tank wire harnesses back up.

The coil on plugs generally don't require cleaning. Was there oil in the spark plug well?

Avoid over-oiling the K&N replacement. If the oil gets on the electronically controlled throttle plates, it can cause them to stick.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:34 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

K&N oil filters are garbage. if they don't rupture on you the oring will fail.
google it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:33 PM
My R6 eats me.

Agreed - watched my pit partner loose a track day because the K&N blew out first session!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 04:11 AM
My R6 eats me.

So you suggest getting a stock paper filter?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:26 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanALD View Post
So you suggest getting a stock paper filter?
the air filters are top notch. they actually flow better than BMC. but their new chinese manufacture of the oil filters for motorcycle has done them in. they even had to start recalling them due to failures. many racing orgs flat out banned aftermarket oil filters because of K&N failures.
if you really want one with the nut on the end look up Hiflo Filtro filters. the RC line is racing filters that have the nut. speculation is these guys were actually producing the original K&N filters until K&N went a cheaper route. and it's costing them business lol

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 06-01-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in