My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2014 R6, 2013 bmw s1000
Re: Need advice...BIG TICKET

4 of 5
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:28 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2014 R6, 2013 bmw s1000

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
5 of 5
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:30 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Now everybody spam that email account! /joking There's a dedicated thread for 5-count post whoring.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Zip ties and Duct tape

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6
Garage

UPDATE:

So i had hired a traffic lawyer who actually advised me not to even hire him as there really wasn't much that he was going to be able to do with this case anyway. Nonetheless, in my state of worry i had hired him anyway. Here's the thing now, I had been discussing with him the approach that he was going to take, and that was basically to ask for a jury trial and basically keep extending the case for as long as possible until the court would get sick of the case and throw a plea deal at us. I just found out though that i am going to be having to travel internationally for work this coming winter and won't be state side for about a month. While the attorney told me that i wouldn't be required to appear at the initial hearing, it may be possible that the court would request my presence at a later time that i would HAVE to show up to. My attorney really couldn't give me an exact time frame for when this was all going to happen. and if the case would even be resolved before i would need to leave the states for a bit. Putting 1 and 2 together here...basically if i was to fail to make a court appearance due to me being on the other side of the planet, it would make the court think i was trying to flee the country and there would be a warrant for my arrest.... obviously that is far from what i want, i decided to cancel my services with my attorney and am now going to be facing the district attorney myself.

I got some good going for me that the DA may or may not be able to work with: I have no speeding tickets on my record. The last one i received was written off as a faulty speedometer, and that was about 4 years ago. Number 2: I am 4.0 doctorate student in college, i have my act together. Someone mentioned it may be beneficial to bring my transcripts in to present and that Maybe the DA would see me as not being an outlaw, and instead just made a small F*** up?Obviously i will dress all nice and what not, but is there anything i can do extra to help my case?
Thanks dudes.

If you wait until the last minute to do something, it will only take a minute.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

I would try to setup a meeting with the DA ahead of the court date. Show him you are not an outlaw, and admit to him that you were just under the influence of stupid.
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Zip ties and Duct tape

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1guy View Post
I would try to setup a meeting with the DA ahead of the court date. Show him you are not an outlaw, and admit to him that you were just under the influence of stupid.
I didn't even know you could do that. Do you have to go down to the courthouse to set up the meeting or something like that?
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 11:37 AM
My R6 eat tires for lunch

Bike: 07r6-06r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6Ben00 View Post
UPDATE:

So i had hired a traffic lawyer who actually advised me not to even hire him as there really wasn't much that he was going to be able to do with this case anyway. Nonetheless, in my state of worry i had hired him anyway. Here's the thing now, I had been discussing with him the approach that he was going to take, and that was basically to ask for a jury trial and basically keep extending the case for as long as possible until the court would get sick of the case and throw a plea deal at us. I just found out though that i am going to be having to travel internationally for work this coming winter and won't be state side for about a month. While the attorney told me that i wouldn't be required to appear at the initial hearing, it may be possible that the court would request my presence at a later time that i would HAVE to show up to. My attorney really couldn't give me an exact time frame for when this was all going to happen. and if the case would even be resolved before i would need to leave the states for a bit. Putting 1 and 2 together here...basically if i was to fail to make a court appearance due to me being on the other side of the planet, it would make the court think i was trying to flee the country and there would be a warrant for my arrest.... obviously that is far from what i want, i decided to cancel my services with my attorney and am now going to be facing the district attorney myself.

I got some good going for me that the DA may or may not be able to work with: I have no speeding tickets on my record. The last one i received was written off as a faulty speedometer, and that was about 4 years ago. Number 2: I am 4.0 doctorate student in college, i have my act together. Someone mentioned it may be beneficial to bring my transcripts in to present and that Maybe the DA would see me as not being an outlaw, and instead just made a small F*** up?Obviously i will dress all nice and what not, but is there anything i can do extra to help my case?
Thanks dudes.

I'm no lawyer. But i've been inside the court room many many times. I've picked up on a few tricks that goes on inside the court room. Looking over your case a bit, I'd say you have some room to flex, not sure why your lawyer isn't eating this up. Things that will help you negotiate: 1. You said cop clocked you at 150 but wrote 120. He must have told you that at the time, Get him to admit those words in court and he'll lose a lot of credibility.(It's kind of an asshole move since he tried to cut slack but use it against him) 2. Get the cop's radar logs for that day.( it just makes them work harder to charge you) These scenarios are for your TRIAL date. They will throw the books at you on your first court date.( 1 year license suspended,12 months prob. $ fined) Plea NOT GUILTY no matter what!. You will get a trial date a few months in time.( Here they will offer plea deal, 15-days license suspended,12 months prob. -$ fined) IF your gonna plea guilty anyways wait for this moment here!. However should you have the balls, Plea NOT GUILTY and request a Jury Trial (Here on your final morning,Officers and Jury Shows up. They may offer you one last plea deal to avoid trial (Defensive driving school, 12 month prob, $ Fined)This is gonna be your best plea deal, Unless you think you can win on trial, always take this final court date deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in