1st gear top speed in R6 and R1? - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2007 R6 Red
Re: 1st gear top speed in R6 and R1?

Before the 11,000km oil change, my brand new 2007 R6 had a first gear top speed of 125km/h, before the engine start to kick back.

On my 11,000km oil change, I decided to have my sparks plugs replaced as well. The merchand told me I wouldn't see any difference. I've still decided to have my sparks plugs changed.

After this 11,000km oil and sparks plugs change, my 2007 R6 has a 1st gear top speed of 131km/h, before the engine start to kick back (ie: reach the RPM limiter).

I don't know what happened there, that day, but the top speed definitively changed. I also noticed a quite noticiable higher engine compression that day. I tried to get an explanation, a few days later, on that matter. The mecanic wasn't able to explained this.

I moslty ride on the first and second gears, because I love soooo much raving and having this bike screems like hell :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6

Well my '09 R6 is completely stock, except for appearance mods and I actually did some 1st gear pulls today because I'm trying to get off to a quicker start from a dead stop.

I never took my bike all the way to the revv limiter (what rpms does the limiter bounce off at? And is it safe to do that?)

I think I took my bike to right around 16,000rpms and my speedo was indicating 71mph. Some of you are saying you've gotten anywhere from 77-82mph. Hmm, I wonder if that's because you guys have performance mods or maybe you have taken it higher than I did?

Also...since our speedos are off...what 10% or so? That means the actual speed for the end of 1st gear on an '09 is about 64-65mph?

2007 Yamaha R6 - Integrated Taillights, Fender Eliminator, Carbon Fiber Tank Pad, Tinted Windscreen, Frame Sliders
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2007 R6 Red

Good luck if you want fast drag start. This bike isn't the best at this, as it only get its power around 10,000 RPM.

About riding at high rev... I do it all the time. The RPM limiter bump at 16,500. No worries, this RMP limiter is there to protect your engine.

Some guys, out there, think by riding smootly their bike, they are doing them a favour. That is totally wrong. The torque zone is where your engine is the most confortable. What is amazing with this bike, is that its torque curve is almost linear on all the RPM range. Its torque peak is at 12,500 and its HP peak at 14,500 RMP.

I have a 12 km ride to go to work. It's mostly highway. I get on the highway on the first gear around one hundred something kilometers Then I shift on the second gear, when my engine start to kick back. I do it almost every morning.

So, again, if it would be harmfull, it would be a long time this 2007 R6 engine would have been dead. If your engine break in is done, then go for it. This bike only ask for it.

BTW, my 2007 R6 don't have any mods. Everything is stock on it.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM
My R6 eats me.

You could sit on rev limiter for 20mins and do nothing to the bike. They are built and designed for every bit of razzing and abuse that you can throw it!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
My R6 eats you.

Bike: 2010 Yamaha M1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerbbb View Post
You could sit on rev limiter for 20mins and do nothing to the bike. They are built and designed for every bit of razzing and abuse that you can throw it!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NESBA A | CCS #686
///If you ride like lightning, you’re gonna crash like thunder.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
R6 Pilot

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6S

Holy thread revival batman!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Yamaha R6S
Mods: * Sportech Chrome Windscreen * Chrome Reservoir covers * MotoGP Reservoir Sock * Color Matched top triple tree w/custom decal * Tank Pad * Hard Rock Motorsports HR1 Riot Exhaust * Custom LED integrated turn signals * TAG metals fender eliminator kit w/custom lighting * Clegg's Innovations Angel Eyes * Joe Florida LED underglow kit * Euro turn signal mod * Hotbodies Flush Mount Turn Singals * Black rear shock spring * Pazzo Racing Levers * Carbon Fiber Ram Air Covers * Driven D3 Gel Grips * BMC Street Air Filter *

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines, and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Broken Give-A-**** Meter

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6S

from what i can tell there's a lot of dumbass things said in the oldass thread

2007 R6S, NEW Bridgestone BT-016 (120/70 front)
Yoshi slip-on (now chopped!!!), smoked LED integrated tail light, custom front LED blinkers, painted windscreen, lots of little touches, and lots more to come!

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 PM
My R6 eats me.

2007 r1 tops out at 113 in first on mine with stock gear ratio. Doesn't power wheelie without a lot of body english, until you hit at least 55 mph.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 02:30 AM
My R6 eats me.

I hit 131kph on my 06.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 08:15 PM
My R6 eats me.

Too bad those bikes go that fast in 1st, all the noobs ride around in 1st enough as it is haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in