CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007 - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:48 AM

Bike: Pasta & Rice
Re: CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS
WINNER: dboyslade and ACCLR8 Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!
Congrats Stephen and Matt!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 AM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: blue R6 '06

Here is my case for the need of new gloves.

Currently I only have worn out summer gloves, which I need to replace for several reasons.

First, they are not much protection, considering that on Crete island where I live and work for the 2nd year, the only track is public roads; full of crazy greek drivers, goats and clueless tourists. Mind you, the latter 2 categories have no concept of greek driving rules: that there are no rules and slower traffic needs to get a [email protected](k out of the way for faster traffic :)

For the above mentioned reasons I always ride full gear and only skip leather pants for my commute to work which I do year round on my R6.

But the real reason is that I need (my own) gloves for track.

The closest track is on the mainland, at Megara near Athens, and last month presented me a great opportunity to use that strip of asfalt guaranteed to be clean of goats and cagers.

I was short listed for California Superbike School, Level 1 (for the last available course of the season) for months and when I got the green light 2 weeks in advance, I was in the middle of passing kidney stones. Needless to say, sorting out the missing track gloves was the least of my concers during the 6 days of pain.

When I was able to walk up-right again just days before the course, I only had time enough to book my ferry tickets and arrange english translation for the lecture parts.

I managed to borrow these nice gloves and was ready to go:

Trying hard and enjoying the sessions (actually running off the tarmac in this corner once but kept it upright):

Getting comfortable in the "dirty" 8th corner (tightest turn of the track where one Ducati wiped out earlier in the day) where the photographer has settled for the last session:

So, I come around again, line up, hit the turning point right-on, and get my lean on, not much different from the previous round:

And down I go! (my guess is that the front went out by the tire mark visible on the pictures):

Sparks come out, it is time to abandon the ship and I find it most comfortable sliding on my butt, keeping borrowed gloves high up in the air as not to damage them. My only thought is: it is gonna fliiiii....iiiiip!

Which, sure enough, it did. I lined up the image sequence in GIMP and layered them into a GIF animation for your viewing pleasure:

Damage: Broken right clip-on, left tank cover gone, dent on the tank, lots of scratches, fairings full of stones.... Had to fix the clip-on with tape to keep it from dangling so that I could catch the ferry the same night (great for practicing that countersteering :)

Removed all the fairings at home to clean out pocketfuls of stone pebbles. Also, had to CA glue the headlight assembly fastening spots:

I'm in a need of a new jacket:

And did I mention that I need new gloves? Because I will be back on that same track as soon as I can in spring!!! Too much fun!

PS! if anyone knows how to get that tank dent out el cheapo, please let me know. I keep the scratches for "character", at least until I have done the other levels.

HaKK

WINNER: HaKK and GIJoe007 Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

Last edited by HaKK; 11-19-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: stupid images and typos.....
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
The GodFather

Bike: R1 - R6 - YZF's

WINNER: HaKK and GIJoe007 Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

KILO 3483 I miss YOU! In Memory of : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior I miss YOU!

Twitter: @SpidermanSS

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
The GodFather

Bike: R1 - R6 - YZF's

Thanks everyone for participating, the contests are now over. The stories and entries were AWESOME! If you have posted any of this stuff on the site before please do! It's what makes the forums so GREAT! Nothing has shipped yet but all of the winning orders will get put into our computer system early next week and things ready to ship

Happy Holdays from everyone here!

R1-forum.com / R6-forum.com

/
/

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

KILO 3483 I miss YOU! In Memory of : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior I miss YOU!

Twitter: @SpidermanSS
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:38 PM
My R6 eats me.

Jeeeezzzz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in