CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
The GodFather

Bike: R1 - R6 - YZF's
CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007

This contest is for 2 MONDAYS

Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007

RULES:

Post your crash images, pictures of current gloves and or a short story of why you need new gloves for a chance to win! Remember only ONE (1) post per member in this contest (you can sign up for other days also), you must reply to THIS thread only. You are encouraged to post up images and stories. The better the presentation the better shot at WINNING!

Prizes: Komodo MESO Shorty Gloves - 4 pairs total, 2 given away each Monday

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Winners will be selected by R6-forum.com Administrative staff (everyone else is eligiable to enter). Each winner will and notified accordingly and posted in this first post on each thread. Winners will be able to select bike types and colors available and we reserve the right to replace it with a comparable price items if sizing, colors, types cannot be obtained.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY WITH CONTESTS ENTRIES. NO COMMENTING ON OTHERS POSTS (IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING POSTED IN THE CONTESTS DROP A OFF TOPIC OR GENERAL THREAD UP
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

YAMAHA EVERYWHERE!

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

KILO 3483 I miss YOU! In Memory of : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior I miss YOU!

Twitter: @SpidermanSS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Re: CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 5, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 12, 2007

Some dude took me out at Road Atlanta and the gloves I was wearing were not Komodo gloves and are worn slap out now! Here are pics of the crash and of the gloves...notice the patches and holes in the gloves

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	komodocrashpics 007 (Medium).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	16111   Click image for larger version

Name:	komodocrashpics 008 (Medium).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	16112  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
I eat my R6

Send a message via AIM to 38329
Re: CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 5, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 12, 2007

I went down in turn 3 @ NHIS back in september because I'm retarded (cold tires). Sucked.

But the photog got a great series of the crash, sparking can and all. The bike did end up hitting those tires... shattered my puig DB screen, broke all of the tabs that hold the whole front assembly to the fairing stay. Needed a new headlight and front upper fairings, frame slider too obv. I painted my stock screen black and threw that back on. Cosmetic damage to right lower, seat cowl, and exhaust can.

The best one of the series I bought full size and printed it out, hung that bitch up on my wall

The damage to my gloves doesn't look that bad, but the seams that broke were critical (one surrounding the knuckle puck, another connecting palm to fingers which isn't pictured). Sucks, too, since they're 200 dollar gloves.

I could def use a nice set of replacements!

Last edited by 38329; 11-05-2007 at 07:18 AM.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2006 R6 Raven
Re: CONTESTS= Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007

I just got off the phone with a medical facility that I visited recently. It was a very informative conversation about me having no insurance coverage for the care I received (Broken rib, it's fine now).

That wouldn't be so bad except that my wife broke her foot 3 weeks ago and has been unable to work. So now we are getting my medical bills, her medical bills from 3 weeks ago, our income has been decreased by more that 50%, I have to pay for school(college) in 9 days, and Christmas is right around the corner.

Needless to say things have gotten really tight all of a sudden. I am very financially responsible and save as much money as I can, but even with my savings account I cant take a hit like this.

I'll be riding to work every day now, rain or shine, and I need a pair of gloves that will help me make it through the winter and provide protection.

This looks like a great pair of street gloves that would really help me out.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
MO HA HA THE MASTERMIND!!

Bike: 06 R6
Send a message via MSN to Sweet Cheeks

Although this is not about a crash it could have very well been one.... I recently had an oil change and filter done on my 06 R6 ...well I learned my lesson I will never buy an aftermarket filter after about two weeks of riding the o ring slowly worked its way off the filter when I was riding...the Yamaha has a lip that stops the o ring coming off...anyways thankfully I wasnt riding into a corner and as the oil slowly preceded to empty out all over my bike and rear tire while riding it was like riding on a sheet of ice my back tire was completely covered with oil.... I managed to stop the bike and thought how lucky I was I managed to control the bike!

I had to pay $300 to the stealership that picked up my bike and I am a student struggling to make my rent!! the only pair of riding gloves I have are a summer pair and could use a nice pair....
Take care and ride safe
Jo

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
No sig for you!

Well I'll try and make a long story short:

Started riding at 8AM and headed towards the mountains. After a few hours of railing through the turns and heading back for lunch I low sided.

-1:15PM crashed and almost got hit by a on coming car.
-1:45PM Taken to the local Hospital and finding out that they could not do anything there for me.
-2 hours out from my house. (I could not ride the bike home. Plus the bikes forks were trashed.)
-Had to call parent to come and get me.
-Hospital would not give me any pain meds.
-Parents came and picked me up and had to come to the hospital near where I live.
-Checked into the hospital at 9PM.
-Thirsty as hell at this point....... (Doc said not to eat or drink anything. Figures.... I wrecked before having lunch.)
-11:30PM My Doc tells me that I need to come back tomorrow for the Plate and 4 Pins.

The out come of the wreck.... Dislocated my ankle, Broke my wrist in 2 spots (Proud owner of a metal wrist.... 4 Pins and a Plate.), Major road rash on and around the knees. Needless to say the gloves did not make it. They had to cut them off and they didn't have to cut much ..... not much left of them.

WINNER: dboyslade and ACCLR8 Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

2006 YAMAHA R6 :: Puig Dark Smoked windscreen, Carbon Tank Cover, Integrated tail light, Graves Billet machined bar ends, CRG bar end mirror, Greggs Fender KIT, Gregg's mirror covers.

Home of the SQUID SHIRTS!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

chills went down my spine for dboyslade
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyslade
Major road rash on and around the knees.
Weren't wearing full gear? That sucks. That's gonna hurt for a while.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Moderator Narcissist

Bike: 2009 White R1

Well...I don't think I have a winner after dboy's post...but I'll share my story!

Some of you may remember, some might not, and some probably never saw, but...

...I was riding some backroads on Labor Day 2006 out with a group of buddies. I had never been down these roads before and I had only been riding for about 6 months.

Well...goin' down the road at approx. 90 and thinkin' I'm Rossi or somethin'...went up this long, gradual uphill and expected the road to bend right at the top. Apexed the hill and found a sharp left hand, off camber hair pin turn. Oops...tried to go down a side road, but it wasn't meant to be.

I think I was going around 60 when she layed down on me...ended up screwin' up my right ankle, shreadded both knees, busted my head pretty good, various other bumps and bruises and the cherry on top...

a dayum broken hand!

Never broke a bone before...worthless ass Joe Rocket gloves didn't do a thing for my hand...and I'm still riding with the same damn gloves!

Where I'm standing, taking the pic, is where I went down...where my friend is with his hand up back there is where I ended up...I rolled, not slid, the whole damn way down there. I didn't want to slide because I didn't have a abrasion protection on my lower half. I kinda went head first into a super-duper combat roll! I remember intentionally diggin' my head into the first dip, as the bike was going down because I didn't want to hurt my neck tryin' to 'chin up' and keep it from harm. So...head first, went into a never-ending barrell roll...

Meh...all busted up. Not even aware that my hand was broken. It was all blue, green, and purple...but I thought I just bruised it real bad. I could still kinda make a fist and remember thinki' "Hell...if I can do all this and not cry like a baby there's no way it's broken!" It wasn't until the next day that EVERYBODY kept tellin' me I should go see the doc that I found out it was boken...

And my stupid hand...broken like a carrot. It's kinda hard to play the guitar now...my hand gets reall cramped real fast and tired because the bone's still bent in that shape. My left pinky is shorter than my right...

And yes I was geared up...minus any kind of leg/knee protection. I was wearing my Scorpion EXO-400 lid, Joe Rocket CE armoured jacket, worthless JR gloves (you can see 'em sittin' on the seat of the bike) and leather, ankle covering boots. The boots actually did a pretty good job protecting my feet...considering:

I know they're not 'riding boots' but they definitely did the job...I speak highly of them...unlike those damn gloves.

WINNER: HaKK and GIJoe007 Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

Last edited by GIJoe007; 11-07-2007 at 09:03 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 07:25 AM
I eat my R6

What's with all the gearless crashes around here? *shakes head*...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in