integrating turtle beach hpa2's into a scorpion exo-1000 - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: integrating turtle beach hpa2's into a scorpion exo-1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillyJ View Post
Ive got a set of sony earbuds that I can have no music going and still barley hear the bike, I think I paid 40 for them at best buy. The good thing is, You can still hear police sirens. Trust me, I tested it...LOL.
EDIT: Here they are
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Does the volume go up and down and the songs switch randomnly? I bought a nano just cause they came out with this. The few adaptors available blow. That button was tapping my jacket in the wind and skipping songs over and over. Longest ride in traffic I have EVER had..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm a generalist

Bike: Black Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Does the volume go up and down and the songs switch randomnly? I bought a nano just cause they came out with this. The few adaptors available blow. That button was tapping my jacket in the wind and skipping songs over and over. Longest ride in traffic I have EVER had..
that is just a remote for an ipod, not an ipod

^^^^Signature courtesy of the great one Twizzy.....featuring my beautiful wife
"Beautiful Wife, Great kids, beautiful home, fast bike, fast car........... now that I think about it....."I'm rich Bi%@#"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Calling me a woman after complaining that the r6 seat is too hard for your swollen pussy lips? You are using female logic.... This leads me to believe that you are, in fact, female. The next logical progression from this is tits or GTFO. If, in fact, you are genetically male, proceed to GTFO. Thanks.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06r6'n View Post
that is just a remote for an ipod, not an ipod
I know man, I have that type of ipod. What I'm poorly communicating is that I have an adaptor for my ipod that has those controls on it. This allows me to use non apple headphones. The buttons on the wire that are shown in the image, tap against my jacket as I go. This mutes, unmutes, pauses and unpauses, skips, restarts songs, etc.. I wanna know from the dude who has the Sony's linked in the post above if his shit skips songs etc.. I was hoping to be able to skip songs and mute shit easily while on the bike riding.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm a generalist

Bike: Black Bitch

Quote:
I know man, I have that type of ipod. What I'm poorly communicating is that I have an adaptor for my ipod that has those controls on it. This allows me to use non apple headphones. The buttons on the wire that are shown in the image, tap against my jacket as I go. This mutes, unmutes, pauses and unpauses, skips, restarts songs, etc.. I wanna know from the dude who has the Sony's linked in the post above if his shit skips songs etc.. I was hoping to be able to skip songs and mute shit easily while on the bike riding.
ok, I got you now.

^^^^Signature courtesy of the great one Twizzy.....featuring my beautiful wife
"Beautiful Wife, Great kids, beautiful home, fast bike, fast car........... now that I think about it....."I'm rich Bi%@#"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Calling me a woman after complaining that the r6 seat is too hard for your swollen pussy lips? You are using female logic.... This leads me to believe that you are, in fact, female. The next logical progression from this is tits or GTFO. If, in fact, you are genetically male, proceed to GTFO. Thanks.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06r6'n View Post
ok, I got you now.

Yeah, my previous post didn't make too much sense. LOL

-
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2002 R6 Matte Black

Quote:

If you're an audiophile, those turtle beaches are a disgrace compared to what's out there. Search on here for headphones. There's so many threads. I have a few links I'll post to other options to save you time. Nothing is gonna sound great with the bike whining in the background!

not really i am also a gamer and for sheer response and bass these are the best headphones i have ever had that are able to do both considerably well, i could have a set of studio headphones but they wouldnt be nearly as cross compatible for gaming.

i just like head rattling bass along with really good highs the midrange is slightly lacking on these but otherwise it gives what i need, literally headrattling explosions as well as bass in music.

for both gaming and music they are second to none and i have tried over 50 different headsets, also in terms of durability these are my second pair. first pair i had lasted over 2 years, and as abusive as i am to headsets(eg: i had a logitech set that lasted exactly 3 weeks) they are second to none.

i love the sound of my r6 screaming, but i also like a soundtrack to go along with country roads with enough bass to make my helmet rattle if need be =)
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolved View Post
not really i am also a gamer and for sheer response and bass these are the best headphones i have ever had that are able to do both considerably well, i could have a set of studio headphones but they wouldnt be nearly as cross compatible for gaming.

i just like head rattling bass along with really good highs the midrange is slightly lacking on these but otherwise it gives what i need, literally headrattling explosions as well as bass in music.

for both gaming and music they are second to none and i have tried over 50 different headsets, also in terms of durability these are my second pair. first pair i had lasted over 2 years, and as abusive as i am to headsets(eg: i had a logitech set that lasted exactly 3 weeks) they are second to none.

i love the sound of my r6 screaming, but i also like a soundtrack to go along with country roads with enough bass to make my helmet rattle if need be =)
I have the turtle beaches, and I have the better ones with the larger drivers in them (wireless with 7.1 dolby). The bass is very good on them. I think the ones I have are a 10mm larger driver. I can't complain too much. For the price tho, there's definitely WAY better sounding headphones out there, but they aren't geared towards gaming tho. Once you pull the drivers out of the earmuffs, you are going to lose all that bass. They are small speakers and really don't project that much sound. You'll never rattle your helmet without a pretty large driver and something to seal the speaker to your head or ear hole..

-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 03-25-2011 at 01:02 PM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

wireless speakers never do it for me >.>. to much degradation in quality, and yeah exactly why i didnt grab a set of stupid(edit: meant to type studio headphones, but i found this too comical to take out), with these i can swap between amazing bass response and situational awareness in games without any changes, and that sucks..maybe i should contract a company to make some insane helmet speakers =/ or just get a set of earbuds and set in something that will just shake the helmet at a certain frequency(sounds horrifyingly dangerous lol)
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolved View Post
wireless speakers never do it for me >.>. to much degradation in quality, and yeah exactly why i didnt grab a set of stupid(edit: meant to type studio headphones, but i found this too comical to take out), with these i can swap between amazing bass response and situational awareness in games without any changes, and that sucks..maybe i should contract a company to make some insane helmet speakers =/ or just get a set of earbuds and set in something that will just shake the helmet at a certain frequency(sounds horrifyingly dangerous lol)
You sound like you take gaming very seriously.

I have a friend who has headphones similar to the 1st link I posted in his helmet. It's ALL treble and it's a nightmare.

Yo, for that last idea, just 3m tape some old school
to the sides of the helmet for that princess Leigha look!!
I can't believe they still make these things

-
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

hehe im a gladiator(top 0.5% of the game) in wow(actually just quit this season), so hearing skills being used and knowing the sounds such as a rogue using kick can be the difference between a win or a loss, so yeah i take sound pretty seriously, and i cant sacrifice gaming ability for sound quality and i cant stand bad sound quality xD

edit: as to the bass shakers thats a good idea minus exactly how stupid id look lol

edit 2: holy shit they are 3 pounds helmet alone kills my neck enough lmao.

edit 3: as to the brutally high treble, thats what im worried about with normal speakers, i want somethign that will give me the experience of my hpa-2's which as you probably know feels like your standing in front of a subwoofer at a club if you know how it shakes your clothing

Last edited by Dissolved; 03-25-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in