Best computer language to code to code a bot in? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
^ True Story ^

Bike: 2005 Yamaha R6
Best computer language to code to code a bot in?

My friends and I play an MMO, which with any MMO is a lot of repetitive work.

So I'm looking to have some fun and create a bot to automate most task. I have experience with C++ and is the language I'm comfortable with but I really don't know where to start. I'm looking to automate mouse movements and simulate keystrokes. If anyone has any experience with building these types of things, any insight or help would be much appreciated.

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff
Re: Best computer language to code to code a bot in?

C++ should work fine if you just want to generate mouse and keyboard events. All you have to do is look up the handle for the game window, and you should be able to send Windows messages to it. WM_KEYDOWN, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, etc.

This is of course assuming the game uses Windows messaging to handle input. If it uses DirectX and is polling the hardware state instead of letting Windows generate the input events, things may get much more complicated.

I'm a software engineer in the game industry, and work primarily on UI stuff, so feel free to hit me up if you need more help than that.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Pobrecitos

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

Start+Select?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac7504 View Post
Start+Select?
Ctrl + W

I <3

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario J View Post
Ctrl + W

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
laugh

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
CTL+ALT+DEL?

Sent from

I dont measure life in dollar bills, I measure life with the joy I get out of it.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
NYC

Bike: 08 r6
up up down down left right left right B A

Sent from
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Pobrecitos

Bike: 08 R6S + 08 R6LE

I shouldn't of done that; guy was really looking for help...

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
^ True Story ^

Bike: 2005 Yamaha R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
C++ should work fine if you just want to generate mouse and keyboard events. All you have to do is look up the handle for the game window, and you should be able to send Windows messages to it. WM_KEYDOWN, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, etc.

This is of course assuming the game uses Windows messaging to handle input. If it uses DirectX and is polling the hardware state instead of letting Windows generate the input events, things may get much more complicated.

I'm a software engineer in the game industry, and work primarily on UI stuff, so feel free to hit me up if you need more help than that.
Looking into it now. Thanks!

Since I've got your attention, can you recommend the next language i should get into? I'm deciding between Java, Ruby or C#
. Java would be for the sole purpose of getting into Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac7504 View Post
I shouldn't of done that; guy was really looking for help...
Lol it wouldn't be the same forum without this kinda stuff. I secretly love all you assholes and I don't even know you

Sent from
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600cc'sOfSexy View Post
Looking into it now. Thanks!

Since I've got your attention, can you recommend the next language i should get into? I'm deciding between Java, Ruby or C#
. Java would be for the sole purpose of getting into Android.

Lol it wouldn't be the same forum without this kinda stuff. I secretly love all you assholes and I don't even know you

Sent from
I love C#. It's got a ton of features. Great support for doing UI stuff. Useful in a lot of different contexts. It's generally really productive and has a lot less of the syntax overhead of C++. If you're interested in game stuff, you can use Unity or XNA. Doesn't quite have the raw performance of C++, but you get stuff done so much faster it's worth it.

Haven't used Ruby, but my web dev friends adore it. Ruby on Rails (web development framework) - Ruby by itself isn't all that useful from my understanding.

Java is... yeah - basically good if you want to do stuff on Android. Other than that it's not a great language. Never heard of anyone loving working with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in