Media Server to TV - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Living between the cars

Bike: '08 R6
Media Server to TV

Hola fellow Geeks. I am finalizing my media server for the house and i am running into a road block when it comes to broadcasting the content to my TV in the bedroom. Its not a smart TV and from what i gather the odds of having a WIFI enabled BLU-Ray player with DLNA actually work are 50/50. No i do not have a PS3 nor and XBOX and dont plan on getting either. Just not a console guy.

Anyway i have seen a few devices that will gook into the TV via HDMI that connect to the wireless network and provide a bit of an interface. I do not want to get an Apple AIR and jailbreak the thing either.

So the question is...do you have this same set up? What do you recommend and what is the easiest way to go about this?

TIA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Speedy Claxton

Bike: '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to aleithauser
Re: Media Server to TV

You dont want to get an apple air or an apple tv? I have an apple tv and its pretty awesome, but yeah, you would have to jailbreak to do what you want. Have you looked into the roku box or whatever its called? Theres only a few options i believe, especially since your tv doesnt have wifi. Hunt around on macrumors.com about the apple tv and see what you can find out about the roku box.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Charcoal R6

Raspberry Pi with XBMC works pretty well. You can pick up everything you need for about $50 plus the cost of a wifi dongle if you need it.

Google just came out with a device called Chromecast that may fit your needs but I don't know a lot about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Afghanistan 2010-2012

Bike: 2010 R6 & 07 BMW 335i

I approve of what buddahson says. It will do just fine.

If you feel like you can't put it together, get an WD media player. That's what I started with. New ones have built in wireless, HDMI, SPDIF, NIC and remote. Can pick the up for about 75-125.00

My setup is:

Custom built i7 with 8GB memory on 120GB SSD drive (os), 4 1TB WD drives in a RAID config
Win7 Ultimate running Servio Media Server

Connected through Ethernet:
55" LG 3D TV (living room) w/DLNA built in
37" Samsung TV (bedroom) w/DLNA built in

I love the setup, does everything I need. But you can do the same thing with the WD box
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 09:57 PM
NYC

Bike: 08 r6
This:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plus this:

Sent from
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001
Chromecast and an android phone should do the trick.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 AM
RESPECT

engrish prease

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
Sometimes at night, when everyone in the house is asleep, I like to get naked and lather myself up in Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug...

RIP Jason Jones - snocompton
RESPECT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in