Full 3D CAD model? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2012 Yamaha R6
Full 3D CAD model?

I'm working with a guy who owns a hot rod body shop. He's interested in helping me build a custom swing arm and exhaust that I have an idea for, in exchange for me building a high end website for him and helping him with his marketing a bit.

Now I just need to actually design the concept I have in mind so I have something for him to work with.

Does anyone have any CAD models for an R6? Preferably 2012. Or any ideas where I might be able to find such? I've been searching and have found several flat 2d CAD style pictures but I'm looking for an actual CAD format that I can load into Autocad or similar and view in all angles.

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 06:00 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 YZF-R6 x2
Re: Full 3D CAD model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbytraffic View Post
I'm working with a guy who owns a hot rod body shop. He's interested in helping me build a custom swing arm and exhaust that I have an idea for, in exchange for me building a high end website for him and helping him with his marketing a bit.

Now I just need to actually design the concept I have in mind so I have something for him to work with.

Does anyone have any CAD models for an R6? Preferably 2012. Or any ideas where I might be able to find such? I've been searching and have found several flat 2d CAD style pictures but I'm looking for an actual CAD format that I can load into Autocad or similar and view in all angles.

Thx!
There was a guy on here a week or so ago asking the same thing for the front.

you will not just find cad models for a production sportbike, because its confidential and proprietary information.

You can find a few odds and ends, and i know ive found some swingarms people have modeled out that you can dl for free... other than that, sorry to say buy you would have to reverse engineer it yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in