2006 R6 PCV tuning + Bike stalling - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

2006 R6 PCV tuning + Bike stalling

I have a 2006 R6 and I recently got a mid pipe and a shorty slip on so it's basically a straight pipe now. PC doesn't have any tunes that fit this setup. The bike right now runs but doesn't have much low end power but the main problem is the stalling. Whenever I come to a stop the bikes RPMs drop super low and most of the time it will die. I don't know enough about tuning nor do I have a laptop to take in the garage to do it myself. If someone on here could possibly give me a tune that allows more fuel to go into the bike that would be greatly appreciated!

-TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: 2006 R6 PCV tuning + Bike stalling

I work with all my flash customers to provide a fuel map for the PCV as well as setup the autotune and do the map smoothing needed for the bike to be mapped right and run right. The flash service is $125 and includes all the tuning time free as part of the service. Get in touch via the link in my signature. We can have that bike running perfect. Shoot me a message via the contact page, and I'll reply and you can email me the map. I'll tell you right off the bat if the map is the issue or not. Consultation is free obviously
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Track junkie wanna be

Bike: 08 R6
Re: 2006 R6 PCV tuning + Bike stalling

When you installed the PCV did you make sure that you "calibrated" the TPS? I have run into this problem with my bike. It was so frustrating and sometimes embarrassing to pull up to a stop sign and the bike die.

OhioYJ did a a great job doing a write up on how to do this. Here is the link.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in