help computer died - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

help computer died

when i turn it on i get no log on screen just blue and a message fatal eror wen computer was shut of its a dell e 510 i think not sure im at work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Charcoal R6
Re: help computer died

Turn on the computer and start pressing F12 as soon as you see the dell logo. It will take you to a boot menu. Choose diagnostics and let it run. If the PC passes all diagnostics then the issue is most likely software related.

Turn on the computer and start pressing F8 as soon as you see the dell logo. This time you should get a windows boot menu. Select safe mode and press enter. If it boots into safe mode you can try a windows restore. Sometimes that will fix issues. If that doesn't work you can try some more advanced repair options while in safe mode, but I won't go into that now.

Before you try this last step I suggest you backup all of your data. If you screw this up it will erase everything from your hard drive. If done properly all of your programs and data will remain intact.

If you can't get into safe mode either, you can try a windows repair. Put in your XP disk and turn on the PC press F12 to get the boot menu and select the CD drive. make sure to press a key when it says press any key to continue. Wait for the cd to boot. Press Enter to install XP. Press F8 to agree. It will now search for currently installed versions of windows. Press R to initiate a windows repair and wait for it to finish. No matter what do not stop the repair while it is running. That can make you much worse off.

Hope this helps,
Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
My R6 eats me.

maybe there's a problem with the parts of your cpu, maybe it could the video card, memory card.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 AM
liking anchovies

Bike: 2005 ZX6R

What these guys said...

You can also try re-seating the ram (memory), and try each stick individually as one may have went to heaven.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 AM
My R6 eats me.

Most common problem..
You need to format your computer using boot-able CD.This will definitely work.Good luck.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
carbon, carbon, carbon!!

Bike: huffy

get a new one
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
R6 Hill Country Eater

Bike: 2011 R6

Dump it, unless you have stuff you need on it. FYI its called the 'Blue Screen of Death".
Good luck bro, oh and get a mac and that shit wont happen.

2011 R6 SE (Black/Red Skulls)

Appearance: Pazzo Levers, CRG Bar-end Mirrors, Zero Gravity Double Bubble Dark Smoke, Woodcraft Cut Frame Sliders, Driven Grips, Black/Red Yamaha Res Covers, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator, Proton Flushies

Performance: MJS Headers, Akrapovic Full Carbon Slipon, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Graves Block Offs, BMC Race Filter, EXUP Servo Eliminator,
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Technology Ninja

Bike: '05 R6
Send a message via AIM to Shinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by air226rider View Post
Dump it, unless you have stuff you need on it. FYI its called the 'Blue Screen of Death".
Good luck bro, oh and get a mac and that shit wont happen.
And this is called the "Spinning beach ball of death" which is what macs get
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Shinjo
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Now you see me...

Bike: 2007 R6 candy red
Send a message via Skype™ to icepic

step 1. press F8 while BIO screen is loading.
step 2. select last known good configuration.

this should do it, if not repeat step 1 then
step 2 select safe mode
step 3 use restore mode (if you need instructions, google or ask me)

I do this for a living i'll get you fixed up.

REFLASHED YEC ECU
ZEITRONIX DATA LOGGER W/TWEEKER
SPEEDO DRD
DRIVEN 15T (-1) 525 FRONT SPROCKET
GYTR AIR FILTER
SMOG BLOCK OFFS
GP STYLE REVERSE SHIFTING
T-TUNER MID PIPE (WELDED)
STOCK HEADERS & SLIP ON W/ EXUP CUT OUT
ACCUMEN GEAR INDICATOR
GORILLA ALARM
90 DEGREE ANGLED RED ALUMINUM VALVE STEMS
TRACTION PADS
LP CARBON FIBER FRAME SLIDERS

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 PM
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

Nice thread revivals

I <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in