Bazzaz not working with Laptop - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 09 Yamaha R6
Bazzaz not working with Laptop

I have an EeePC (XP Service Pack 2) that will not sync up to the Bazzaz self mapping software. My wife's computer (Toshiba with Vista) works great. I have the .net program installed and everything, it just won't recognize the Bazzaz system on the bike. Any ideas about this issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

List of mods to date in order of aquisition
Frame Sliders, Bar Ends, Rear Spools, R&R Fender Eliminator, Tank Protector, Lockhart Phillips Flushies, M4 Full Exhaust (Carbon with Carbon Tip), Bazzaz ZFI with Z-AFM, Graves Block Off Plates, ASV Short Levers (Black with Gold adjuster), Motomummy Flame Resevoir sock (yea, not really a mod, but it does a job and looks cool), Painted inside portion of windscreen with Metalcast Smoke by Duplicolor followed by a couple coats of black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Zombies may bite!!!!

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6
Re: Bazzaz not working with Laptop

Most computer problems start between the seat and the keyboard.

ccs#109
Robert
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<Click> Blue03r6<----(thats my spell checker)

Ride it like the wifes at home with the kids

Mods: Fluxcapacitor, what else would I need?

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Zombies may bite!!!!

ok but for real now.

Does the computer reconize that the bazzaz is connected at all?

ccs#109
Robert

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchristian56 View Post
ok but for real now.

Does the computer reconize that the bazzaz is connected at all?
Yes, it does recognize it. It just won't sync up. It simply says that it is waiting to connect to the Bazzaz and just locks up, or at least appears to. I've left it alone for 10 minutes and came back to the same message about waiting to connect, maybe not that exact phrase, but something to that effect.

Frame Sliders, Bar Ends, Rear Spools, R&R Fender Eliminator, Tank Protector, Lockhart Phillips Flushies, M4 Full Exhaust (Carbon with Carbon Tip), Bazzaz ZFI with Z-AFM, Graves Block Off Plates, ASV Short Levers (Black with Gold adjuster), Motomummy Flame Resevoir sock (yea, not really a mod, but it does a job and looks cool), Painted inside portion of windscreen with Metalcast Smoke by Duplicolor followed by a couple coats of black.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Zombies may bite!!!!

Firewall??

Sounds like it might be the prob.

Try disabeling it before you try to sync....

ccs#109
Robert

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks alot, I'll give that a try.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey Guy

Bike: Stolen

upgrade to SP3. My guess would not be the firewall. Different service packsalmost act like different operating systems.

[B]

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMendenhall View Post
upgrade to SP3. My guess would not be the firewall. Different service packsalmost act like different operating systems.
I actually had SP3 on the computer, but recovered it and haven't upgraded it yet. I had the same problem with SP3. I am on duty right now, but as soon as I get home this morning, I will try the firewall idea. I'm just hoping that I can figure it out. That little EeePC is the perfect size for what I'm trying to do.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Zombies may bite!!!!

Update?

Is it working?

ccs#109
Robert

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

It doesn't work. I tried the firewall suggestion and still no joy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in