How to restore a Toshiba Satellite? - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Kawasaki 2 Yamaha Convert

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: How to restore a Toshiba Satellite?

I use Avast Home Edition, also free. It works well.

Worst case scenario, download a new copy of Vista through isohunt.com or piratebay.org which are torrent sites. You'll need a torrent program like BitTorrent or Vuze though. If you download .ISO files they're ready to burn so you can burn a operating system disc which is exactly what you're looking for. You may be able to find legal options there such as the retail disc that requires your product key.. and of course illegal option as well. haha

2007 Blue R6
Two Brothers Exhaust
Zero Gravity Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Flush Turn Signals
Integrated Tail Light
Fender Eliminator Kit
Xenon Headlight/Auxiliary Light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I eat my R6

depending on what viral software you use it can lag, but it shouldn't cause lag when there was none to begin with. I would check to see what resources are being consumed. Sounds like a cpu resource is being consumed by something, find the thread process and terminate it to see if that will do better. Also the restore cd, toshiba laptops does not come with restore cds, they have a partition seperated on the laptop for restoring specifically. If you want to buy the best in antivirus protection stick with either bitdefender 08+ or NOD32, or kaspersky. I use nod32 personally and have had no problem, uses one of the fewest resources while running and best virus definition data base updates on a daily basis.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Fenrir Wolf

Bike: 04 R6

There are alot of great comments on this. Just throwing my suggestions in but not shooting any others out. The first thing I would do is run Memtest to verify its not a memory issue, Then run MHDD to make sure that your Hard drive is not slowly going out which would cause that type of slowness.

A restore if your ok with losing the data and the time is the best defrag\disk clean on the market :IMO . The legal way to restore if you cant find the builtin restore option. (usually found in start>accesories>system tools>toshiba recovery) is to contact the manufacture and order the discs. The shady way and the way I most prefer is to aquire an oem version of windows through bit torrent or use a dell recovery disc. I haven't tried the vista ones but that what Ive used for years.

I agree that Norton blows
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
donkey balls. I prefer AVG

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
My R6 eats me.

Press restart operation of the Toshiba Satellite is the key that unlocks the hard disk menu.Press Disk Utility "1" or click "Restore original image." Click "Yes." "Next" to begin restoring Select Toshiba process.Restart end running.Transfer restore process backups of data you saved earlier back on the hard drive from Toshiba. Reinstall all the programs you need, such as software firewall or anti-virus tool.Than restore your Thoshiba Satelite.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
click, click, vroom!

Bike: 2003 R6

more like 'how to restore an old thread'
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in