Flash Drive - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Flash Drive

I have a flash drive with my friends bike pics on it. It use to work fine but now everytime I put into the usb slot there use to be a window asking me how I want to open it and view the pics. Now when I go into "My Computer" and click on the drive it prompts a screen telling me I need to format it. My question is, does anyone know how to get the pics of the flash drive without having to format it so I dont loose the pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 05 R6
Re: Flash Drive

your chances of recovering the pics are slim to none. the filesystem is mostly likely corrupt. how do you remove the flash drive? do you just pull it out or do you actually unmount the drive before pulling it out?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
08 Yamaha R6

Bike: 08 Yamaha R6

Drive sounds screwed.. There are some apps out there that will try to recover files as long as it can see the drive, but the good ones aren't free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:

Full Leo Exhaust, PC III, Graves Smog Block Offs, GYT-R High Flow Filter, Barnett Race Clutch, Vortex Sprocket Conversion, DID Racing Chain, GPR Steering Damper, Smoked Galfer Brake Lines, Samco Coolant Hoses, Carrozzeria Rims, Pazzo Levers, Moto-R Engine Covers, Acumen Gear Indicator, Bohemian Racing Rear Set, Speedo Healer, Graves Frame Sliders, Moto-R Spools, Knight Rider/Solid Third Eye, Gorilla 7017 Alarm, Graves Bar Ends, CRG Hindsight LS Barend Mirror, Spider Grips, Pro Bolts Fairing Bolt Kit, Lightech Engine Bolt Kit, Solo Cowl, GYT-R Black Axle Adjusters, Hotbodies Flush Mounts, Graves ExUP Removal, Puig DB Screen, Cox's Radiator Cover, Fender Eliminator, CA Tail Light, Lawstcaws Frame Plugs, Passenger Peg Covers, Stomp Grip Pads, Black Kickstand, Harris Gold Gas Cap, Carbon Tank Pad, Lightech Gold Oil Cap, Light N'Boltz, Puig Toe Guard, Race Rotors, Lamin-X Headlight Covers, Traxxion Tank Sliders, R&G Exhaust Slider, Rizoma Front and Rear Axle Sliders, PlanetSuperBikes Number Plates, Vortex Mirror Block Offs

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Charcoal R6

Look for a photo recovery tool for a camera memory card. There are some good ones out there and they are cheap or free. The full on file recovery programs tend to be more expensive. Try ZAR:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. I found a good review here:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdamage2122 View Post
your chances of recovering the pics are slim to none. the filesystem is mostly likely corrupt. how do you remove the flash drive? do you just pull it out or do you actually unmount the drive before pulling it out?
I usually just close the folder then pull the drive out....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

goto the my computer on your machine whent he drive is inserted, and right click on the drive and select properties. Goto the tools tab, and select error checking. when the dialog box comes up and asks you to automatically fix errors, check that box, and also check the other box to scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors and click ok.

This will run a checkdisk on your thumb drive and attempt to recover the lost files and bad sectors. A lot of times, if you just boot your computer up with the drive in, the checkdisk command will run automatically.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 carcoal R6

right click on my computer
choose "manage"
goto disk management
and see if it will let you assign a drive letter without formatting..

it may or may not work

Squidding one tentacle at a time…

07 R6

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
vroom

Bike: 00 R6:03 zx6r

Yea you have to remove it first before pulling it out. right click on the icon in the right corner and click remove.

slow ride take it easy "thats my motto"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 01:57 PM
My R6 eats me.

You lost the only copy of important files, and must be retrieved. Digital photo recovery hard drives, memory cards, digital cameras and other players is one of the most common data recovery. digital storage media is very fragile compared to photographic prints, and digital camera users often make a single copy of your precious photos before deleting the original. This results in tragedy when the copy unreadable.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasshat View Post
You lost the only copy of important files, and must be retrieved. Digital photo recovery hard drives, memory cards, digital cameras and other players is one of the most common data recovery. digital storage media is very fragile compared to photographic prints, and digital camera users often make a single copy of your precious photos before deleting the original. This results in tragedy when the copy unreadable.

a$$hat spammer!!!

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in