post #11 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Wishing I was in PA

Bike: 2004 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCR6714 View Post
26,600 mile to be precise lol
Sent from outta space!
Showoff! No one asked for your input
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What are you doing this wknd holmes? You up for a Party again?

Sent from space
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid
Re: Valve Adjustment

I want in!!!!! Where the ladies at?

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
post #13 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Wishing I was in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
I want in!!!!! Where the ladies at?
Soon as I get word from a buddy if its goin down, ill text you. If not, shit we'll throw it at my Apt. Guys only, no ladies allowed
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahaha jk

Sent from space

post #14 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
It says in the manual to have them checked at 24k, doesn't mean it needs to be adjusted. I checked mine at 26k and they were all in spec. I checked them again at 36k and everything is still good to go. Just pick up some feeler gauges and check them yourself, if you do find one out, then you can decide if you want to do it yourself or take it somewhere. As far as the sluggishness, CHANGE YOUR PLUGS. I change mine every 5k miles or every other oil change. Our bikes are really hard on plugs, it chews them up fast and thats why they have dual ground plugs (they last longer because there is more surface to wear out before the gap gets to big). CR10ek plugs by the way. don't waste your money in the iridium.
Jesus christ dude... Holy overkill.

Valve adjustment is every 26K miles... That price sounds good to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?
post #15 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanksR6 View Post
Soon as I get word from a buddy if its goin down, ill text you. If not, shit we'll throw it at my Apt. Guys only, no ladies allowed

Hahaha jk

Sent from space
Did someone say "the apple game"?

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
post #16 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Wishing I was in PA

Hahahaha you buyin beer?

Sent from space
post #17 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanksR6 View Post
Showoff! No one asked for your input

What are you doing this wknd holmes? You up for a Party again?

Sent from space
Lol no party for me got tons of to take care of. Monday was a holiday so I was able to recover from the night before lol this weekend I work everyday.

Sent from outta space!

2005 R6
Team Yamaha Blue

post #18 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Wishing I was in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCR6714 View Post
Lol no party for me got tons of to take care of. Monday was a holiday so I was able to recover from the night before lol this weekend I work everyday.
Sent from outta space!
Haha damn son! Well i dont leave till Wednesday & I have off starting 2mrw till i leave
so lets get it in before, if youre allowed

Sent from space
post #19 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

checking valve clearance is VERY easy.. adjusting valves is another story entirely. I would get a quote to CHECK valves. The 3rd gen valves are coated titanium valves. The hard coat just doesn't wear for a very long time. Once it wears off though, and the soft TI (soft compared to stainless steel) is exposed to the valve seats, the recess up into the valve pocket pretty fast, your clearance shrinks, and you get lower compression numbers. That leads to hard starts, and loss of power.
Again.. CHECKING clearance is super easy. Pull the tank and airbox outa the way. Get all the plug wires and coils out, the valve cover will come out, and then remove the timing chain/ignition cover. Rotate the crank with teh 12mm bolt to get the intake cam lobes pointed back for each pair you check.. and the exst. lobes pointing forward (all level with the head angle). Slide the feeler gauge under each lobe!
That's it! if you can't get the spec feeler in there, they are out of spec. If you can't get ANY feeler gauge in there.. the clearance is close to or zeroed out.

spark plugs every other oil change?? wow.. LOL .. benefit of that is his plugs should never get seized in the head

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
post #20 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Just lean harder...

Bike: 07 R6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
checking valve clearance is VERY easy.. adjusting valves is another story entirely. I would get a quote to CHECK valves. The 3rd gen valves are coated titanium valves. The hard coat just doesn't wear for a very long time. Once it wears off though, and the soft TI (soft compared to stainless steel) is exposed to the valve seats, the recess up into the valve pocket pretty fast, your clearance shrinks, and you get lower compression numbers. That leads to hard starts, and loss of power.
Again.. CHECKING clearance is super easy. Pull the tank and airbox outa the way. Get all the plug wires and coils out, the valve cover will come out, and then remove the timing chain/ignition cover. Rotate the crank with teh 12mm bolt to get the intake cam lobes pointed back for each pair you check.. and the exst. lobes pointing forward (all level with the head angle). Slide the feeler gauge under each lobe!
That's it! if you can't get the spec feeler in there, they are out of spec. If you can't get ANY feeler gauge in there.. the clearance is close to or zeroed out.

spark plugs every other oil change?? wow.. LOL .. benefit of that is his plugs should never get seized in the head
OK maybe its overkill but I bought the bike in 09 and it was an 07 with 4000 miles, original plugs and the oil had only been changed twice (stealer-ship receipts). So I have had it 3 years and I have put 35000 miles miles on her (with only a 5 mile commute to work). I have changed the plugs 6 times in three years, so twice a year I change my plugs. I dont think that is crazy but my bike also looks and runs like its Brand New. I can honestly say my bike is in dang near MINT Condition without a single scratch on her. Now there are signs of riding the hell out of her, super tiny pitting only from riding , Chief Smoke Dawg can attest to that when I rode up there for the BBQ. My intake valves even look brand new with a slight gold tint, Not a speck of carbon build up.

Yeah, I might be a little anal when it comes to my bike, But she is my baby. My girl is always complaining I wax my bike more than I wax her, lol. But hey to each there own. If you need any proof of what I claim, I have plenty of Pictures of how clean she is and Data logs of how she good runs in .csv format.

Oh and here is a pic I took last night....

Modifications- PCV w/ Autotune, LCD, & Quick Shifter, GraveSport Slip-on, Slide Stops, K&N filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition rotor, SuperFlare Velocity Stacks, AGG block off plates, Fren Tubo Type 4's, EBC HH Brake pads, 520 Driven Sprockets & EK ZZZ Chain, Penske 8987 shock, 07 USD Forks and Brakes in 05 Triples, ASV C5 Levers, Scotts Steering Damper, GYTR Carbon Chain Guard, GYTR Carbon Toe Guard, Canadian GYTR Frame Sliders, GYTR Carbon Tank Pad, BST Carbon Rear Fender, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator, UFO Integrated Tail Light, Metzler M5 D-Spec Tyres, Gilles Chain Adjusters & Lifters, Gilles Rear-sets, Powder Coated Passenger Rear-sets, GYTR Seat Cowl, SaddleMen Seat, Irate Customs Grill, Gregg's Flush Mount Signals, DDM 5K H.I.D.'s, Integrated Beltronics 985, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in