2001 R6 Electrical problems, please help! - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:08 PM
My R6 eats me.

I have a 2003 r6 and the battery doesn't sum to charge it is a new battery I had my front indicators off cuz I took off th side plastic don't know if it's my mind but when I plug them back in the rear indicators stop working even the invotor light on the dash stops for a sec and takes back whenever it want also the battery losses charge completely and bike doesn't start sometime have to be charging the battery every time with charger was wondering does the rectifier have a plug it some please give me some ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: 2001 R6 Electrical problems, please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT2P View Post
.................................................. ...................................... took her out yesterday and ................. had a rear bearing blow out ......................
Can't say I've ever heard of that. The other fellas might have some tips or insight for what may have caused that... whether that was improper installation, over-torquing, bent swing arm or whatever.

Looks like there are a number of threads on the subject though...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2005 Yamaha R6
Re: 2001 R6 Electrical problems, please help!

I apologize, I didn't have access to this account for a while but anyways, I have an update. Hopefully this thread will help somebody. I know I've found lots of answers by reading through forum threads. Anyways, I turned out to not be good for the season. The bike was good for about 1,000 miles and then it died once again and left me stranded...again, so I went ahead and replaced the stator and rectifier, and because this bike is cursed, the new rectifier turned out to be a faulty unit. Luckily I threw a multimeter on before riding and saw that I was getting around 18V to the battery, so I ordered another new rectifier and now I'm getting a normal reading that ranges between 14.0-14.4....Although I notice with my headlights on it ranges anywhere from between 13.5-14.2, does anybody know if this is normal? Other than that my bike is finally all back to about normal after one hellish road of pain and agony, and again thanks to everybody that replied with help!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 07:25 PM
My R6 eats me.

When you were having issues with your bike, was it a no crank or no start? I have an 02 r6 with a no start, fuel system and ignition system test good. I've been told that its likely my cdi, which is strange, or my stator, which I just replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in