Battery drains, any ideas?
Okay so i've made many posts about this issue and i want to thank everyone who has helped me understand my problem.
Bike: 1999 Yamaha R6
Now, as you can guess by the title, the problem is still not fixed. Basically what is happening is that the battery drains while driving.
Here is a breakdown:
1. The stator is aftermarket but producing sufficient voltage. Swapped last summer.
2. Regulator/rectifier is OEM and also swapped last summer.
3. Battery is a 12v 7AH aftermarket, but almost new.
4. The battery only drains while driving and not from standing stationary for a while, hence i dont think there is any parasitic drain.
5. All the cable connectors are looking good, no melting or any clearly visible damage.
6. I have installed heated grips and a phone charger, heated grips draining under 4 amps, phone charger is a couple amps, but even with these + headlights turned off, i still run out.
7. I had a mechanic look at the charging system and he said it was fine (clearly not since i ran out when i got home, also i think he just simply checked voltage @ 5k RPM)
Any ideas?? I'm going to do a complete test of everything including the cables later today, but any ideas that could save me from unnecessary work is much appreciated
Dang don't electrical problems suck?
Last edited by Ole-Johan Ovreaas; 04-20-2019 at 04:04 AM.