07 R6 idle and cold start problem - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Smile 07 R6 idle and cold start problem

My 07 R6 have some problem.
1). Cold start problem: When engine is completely cold, it will start with no problem at first, but when I try to warm up the engine and just let it idle without any throttle control, it will idle and die within 30 to 60s (RPM around 1300 to 1500 then gradually decrease and you can hear the engine start to die. Especially in cold weather). Once it die, it will hard to make it start again unless turn off the key, wait for 10 to 20s, then it will start again (the temperature is still low, and I think I have wait for 10 to 20s because of the auto-choke, plz correct me if I am wrong). Once the temperature reach 130 F then the engine will restart easily.
2). Idle problem: When the engine is in working temperature, idle in stop sign or holding the clutch to the bottom in low speed, the engine tend to die easily if release the throttle suddenly. So I tend to avoid sudden release on throttle in stop sign.
3). I just change the spark plugs, all four old spark plugs seems burn fine and evenly. The bike have 40K miles, and I learn and do the regular maintenance and oil change by myself.
4.) Do I need do a valve measurement? Will it fix the problem? The menu said do valve adjustment every 26K. Do anyone have a more detail step or video how to perform a valve measurement or adjustment?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:44 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: 07 R6 idle and cold start problem

I would start with checking the battery for your cold start problems, mine has similar issues when the battery is low on power. Also check clutch cable adjustment, mine would die coming to a stop, and the cable just needed a little tightening. I'm sure someone wiser than me will chime in soon.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Re: 07 R6 idle and cold start problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineRider View Post
I would start with checking the battery for your cold start problems, mine has similar issues when the battery is low on power. Also check clutch cable adjustment, mine would die coming to a stop, and the cable just needed a little tightening. I'm sure someone wiser than me will chime in soon.
Thanks I will try that first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in