99 R6 carb tuning PLEASE HELP!!!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Drop a gear and DISAPPEAR

Bike: 99 R6
99 R6 carb tuning PLEASE HELP!!!!

so my bike pops on decel but only under 10k and not so much when cold. warm restart i have to blimp the throttle to get it to start. i have k and n filter with muzzy exhaust. had a jet kit on it but got a rebuild kit and put 152s all the way across and the pilot jets that came with the kit put it back to stock. Now it dont pull as hard as it did before!! im gonna put stock filter back on it and maybe try some different jets tonight but any input would be greatly appreciated. i have put valve springs in it but they were used cause a full new set was WAYY to expensive!! i did reuse exhaust gaskets tho so maybe could be a problem?? idk i have put ALOT of time into it and some money. I am about to do a tranny swap hopefully over next weekend so my second gear will be fixed thank god!! still i want it to run right. i got a +4 advancer coming should be here Monday excited about that but tuning the damn carbs have been a PAIN!! please have mercy on me and help if i left any info needed out then feel free to reply with a "dumbass we need more info" im humble enough and love to learn so you wont offend!!!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RESPECT the machine! If you ever hop on your bike and you are 100% comfortable, SELL IT cause you will end up hurting or killing yourself!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:30 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Re: 99 R6 carb tuning PLEASE HELP!!!!

the carbed R6 did not like to run good with aftermarket filters with stock jetting. carbs are cake after you learn about them. they're just air and fuel meters. if they're clean and jetting properly they work every time.

some of these videos make them seem not so bad,

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 06-01-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in