Stripped Chain Adjuster - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 04:05 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: Stripped Chain Adjuster

and now we know why you are who you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:47 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Yeah I've been working on my own stuff and sometimes other peoples for awhile also. But I can count the number of times I've seen a "Pro" Craftsmen on my third hand. The only time I even bother to pick up a GW, is for the ratcheting end. Otherwise the loose fitting SIX POINT Craftsmen sockets get me by. But I'm wise enough to leave 20 year old rust belt stuff alone.

This reminds me, I have a cracked Craftsmen socket I need to get exchanged... but where? Don't think there are any Sears stores left are there?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:51 AM
My R6 eats me.

follow

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:48 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
Yeah I've been working on my own stuff and sometimes other peoples for awhile also. But I can count the number of times I've seen a "Pro" Craftsmen on my third hand. The only time I even bother to pick up a GW, is for the ratcheting end. Otherwise the loose fitting SIX POINT Craftsmen sockets get me by. But I'm wise enough to leave 20 year old rust belt stuff alone.

This reminds me, I have a cracked Craftsmen socket I need to get exchanged... but where? Don't think there are any Sears stores left are there?
nope. you're stuck with it lol. there's plenty of decent tools available. no one likes they're made in china etc but the truth is many of these tools have proven just as reliable as snap on or mac. lots of youtube videos to prove it. in fact I've seen some where a snap on ratchet fails and the harbor freight one doesn't. snap on also is notorious for not returning broken tools. but guys still buy them. we had a snap on battery charger at the bike shop that was almost new and the timer didn't work on it. the snap on rep wouldn't return it.

as for gearwrench wrenches. they're too soft. they do strip bolts with ease. not the closed end but the open end. husky makes a better wrench.

I'm in no way saying I'd run over harbor freight and buy a bunch of their tools. most of mine are from the 1990s. when craftsman made good tools. not all of them were great. but I have rarely stripped anything with them. the trick is knowing how to use your tools and picking the right one for the job. experience grasshoppers...

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 07-01-2019 at 04:58 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:54 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
and now we know why you are who you are.
my tools earn me a living. what do you do with tools? pretend to have some?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in