High RPM bog - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

High RPM bog

I have a 2005 R6. It has a PC3, full Acropovic exhaust, and K&N air filter. In October of 2016 I had the chain come off the rear sprocket and crack a hole in the tranny case. I let it sit for almost a year and then I sold it to a mechanic. I bought the bike back 2 weeks ago (June 2019) and he had repaired the tranny case. The issue now is that the bike doesn’t run nearly the same. While riding, if I pin the throttle it will be totally normal until about 10K rpm, it will begin to hesitate. If I only give it 75% throttle it will make it to about 13k rpm before bogging. It’s a wild raspy bog. The guy who I had sold it to said he had tried to fix it by replacing the spark plugs and it changed nothing. He said he also cleaned all the electrical contacts for the coils. So I replaced the fuel pump and it changed nothing. I unplugged the Power Commander and it changed nothing. I have seen a couple other posts describing this exact same problem in this forum but there was never a solution. Any recommendations are helpful. The bike currently has 60K on the motor. Low to mid range rpm has perfect normal power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: High RPM bog

What do the ignition coils ohm out too? Voltage drop reading between engine and battery negative post? (all accessories running including fan and at higher RPM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in