03 r6 idle issue and throttle issue please help - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

03 r6 idle issue and throttle issue please help

okay well i have been poking around this site for days and cant find a answer to my issues. I bought this r6 a week ago.
ran great no issues. ran about 3 tanks of fuel. sat night when i parked her no issues. take it out Sunday to warm her up.
she started, went to 2k then just died. couldnt really get it to start and run well after that. if i quick twist the throttle i can get it to rev up. a few times up to around 8-10k. but nothing consistent. now i can get it to about 4k with full throttle. engine dosent sound like its missing or anything. seams like a fuel issue. it did have a pc3 on it. i have pulled it off and nothing has changed. i have taken all the plugs out. checked all coil packs. they all check out good. now once i removed the pc3 i am getting code 14. i have checked everything on the air pressure sensor. all vacuum lines are hooked up. none seamed to be pinched or cracked. fuel pump is working but i havent checked pressure yet. gonna go get the gauges tomorrow.
im just seeing if anyone has had this issue before? pointers on where to go?
if i cant get it in about a week or so im gonna just send it off to the dealer.

Alexander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Well after much research. I replaced the complete throttle body and fuel pump. Was able to pick both up for 100. the throttle body was complete with injectors and everything. Bike fired right up and idled great. Going to go do some test runs tomorrow but all looks good this far.

Alexander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in