Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums - View Single Post - 2012 R6 - First Track Day - Looking For Advice/Tips
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:50 PM
TurboBlew
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: 2012 R6 - First Track Day - Looking For Advice/Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Guess I am a dipshit
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
as is all the motorcycle manufacturers. I have never had a full tank rust. Ever. Proof to me is my 1980 BMW R100rs that sat for 15 years with a half full tank. The bottom half was like new. Top half looked like Luray Caverns. That bike is also why I don't like the "sealers". They often fail and separate clogging fuel filters. I ended up acid cleaning that one.
please direct me to a motorcycle OEM that sells/stores a fuel tank full of fuel.

Kreem is garbage... been there and have acid burns from removing that garbage from at least a handful of tanks.
POR15 or Caswell plating... its the tits for old and new tanks. The process takes ALOT of effort but worth the end result. I have a friend that actually made a fuel tank rotissiere that can descale/rust a tank nearly dry. Brilliantly simple invention that sounds like a slow rotating dryer with rocks in it.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If your bike was stored with 1980s gas... I can see the leaded stuff standing the test of time in a low humidity environment. But basing your beliefs on 1 tiny sample... um thats just not good practice.
Gas goes bad... unless youre buying 100LL or similar.
Bottom line... you drain fuel for storage. Your local FD would appreciate this too.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome