Exhaust decision making and reliable vendor? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Exhaust decision making and reliable vendor?

Hello Everyone,

I have just purchased my first 2008 R6 with 1,007 miles on it and no after market mods.

I dont know to much about full exhaust systems and PC's. I have been doing some research and have heard nothing but good things about LeoVince pipes. As for headers and a PC I am completely lost. Ive you tubed MGS headers and am starting to lean towards that set up.

Also,

I was wondering if this looks like a legit website to order from?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1
Re: Exhaust decision making and reliable vendor?

Yup, good company to deal with. If you order up their system, you can also send back your stock system and get money back.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

The reason it's cheaper than other systems is because MGS is sa lightly modified version of the stock system correct?

Would you suggest and recommend a different combo, full system vs. mixed pipe and headers?

Thank you

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:00 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Mike @MJS performance is a great guy to talk to. Give him a call and he can guide you to the best product to fit your needs.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 PM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6

I went full Leo Vince System and Bazzaz ZFI+AFM. Love it.

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6

Akra full SS system with bazzaz ZFI and AFM....FTMFW!!!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont measure life in dollar bills, I measure life with the joy I get out of it.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6

That Yamaha racing logo come on the can Rob, or you throw that on there? Looks

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Sometimes..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke87 View Post
That Yamaha racing logo come on the can Rob, or you throw that on there? Looks
It came with the can. I found the system on the Yamaha sportbike performance website and just wrote down the part number, went to a stealership and placed my order.

Thing that sucks is that if I damage the can, which i have, I can not order just the can or decal, i have to order a whole new system to get that specefic can with that specific decal, lol.

sucks dick but yes, looks like tits. Im amazed at how many people actually notice that detail. I think it adds some flavor per say.

I dont measure life in dollar bills, I measure life with the joy I get out of it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Sometimes..........

If I ever totally **** my can...ill have nick make me one out of heat resistant vinyl!!!! to fix my can, i need to replace the outer sleeve and carbon cap...comes out to like $270 but they ship me the standard Akra decal :-(

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlebearR6 View Post
I was wondering if this looks like a legit website to order from?

Mike @ MJS is excellent to deal with. I highly recommend him. He can get more than just what's on his web site. I always recommend you call him directly instead of using the web site, especially if you are going to order multiple things, sometimes he'll work you out a "package" deal.

07 R6, MJS Header, GYTR slip on, smog block offs, K&N, flashed ECU, PCV, AutoTune, -1/+2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in