Olson Performance shorty exhaust?? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
"RIDE FOR THE RIDE"

Bike: 04' Yamaha R6
Olson Performance shorty exhaust??

Anyone currently running this slip on?? curious to the overall sound after can breaks in fully, and also and performance problems? usually these short exhaust can cause a slight loss in power due to a lack of back pressure if the muffler isn't designed properly, and since I have never herd of Olson Performance I'm a bit skeptical as to whether this slip on would be worth the time and money?!?!?! I'm mainly looking for the sound from the shorty exhaust set ups so if the sound stays the way their video clip shows and theres no noticeable running issues then I might have to try this company out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6
I have had 2 from them on a 07 r6 and a 09 r6 and I have to say I was very satisfied with looks and sounds never took to dyno so can't comment on performance

Sent from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Yamaha R6
Graves Full Titanium Exhaust System
SuperBike Unlimited Ecu Reflash
Bazzaz ZFI,AFM,QS4
Driven 520 -1 +1
Agg Racing Block Off Plates
K&N Race Filter
Brembo Master Cylinder
SS Brakelines CL59 Pads
And Other Cosmetic Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
:sheep

Re: Olson Performance shorty exhaust??

if it's for your 04 then it will be extremely loud. you'll also have some less responsive throttle control at certain points. this is something that all shorty exhausts will do to your 04 though. i've had two olson exhauts (2nd gen, same as yours and on a 3rd gen (07) and i really like the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpower View Post
You have been reported.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: '03 black/red r6
Send a message via AIM to infamouskillas

I have it for my 03 right now, and I love the sound of it...mintsoda is right 03-05 gen its pretty loud on, but honestly i've grown used to it in a positive way. absolutely love it.

the only thing I didn't like was the hanger that they give with it. I called Mitch at Olson Performance (which might i add is a Grade A guy..), and he had said that he's been trying to get a 2g r6 in there to try and reconstruct a better looking hanger for the bike...asked about running without it and he said if anything tack weld it.

well, i've been running with the bike for a couple months now, and haven't tack welded it, just tightened the v-clamp really well, and no issues of vibrating loose or anything.

now, as far as performance, I haven't really noticed a difference as far as power gains/losses, however the throttle is a little less snappy. but i'm sure with a solid tune and maybe even a set of v-stacks you'd be good.

why don't you just give him a call, guarantee he's gonna rest assure you.

goodluck

- ian
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Because Rotary

Bike: 2006 50th Aniv R6

Another +1 on Olson. My buddy has one on is 04 and their customer service was great and the exhaust itself sounds great as well.

2006 50th Aniversary Yamaha R6
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 12:52 AM
My R6 eats me.

I have the Olson slip on exhaust on my 2004 R6.....it is SO loud that none of my buddies will ride behind me! As for the comments regarding a little loss of throttle response....that's all good if your on the quarter but if you are riding on the street, with your friends on group rides....it's an R6, they go fast AF anyways so, unless you're racing the bike, I wouldn't worry at all about a little loss of throttle response, I mean, is it REALLY going to be a serious issue? The AMAZING loudness and sound....with the blue flame that pops out as you let off the throttle.....out weighs a tiny bit of "possible" throttle loss!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in