Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 16
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

I've finished it at last! it sounds and looks awesome, a lot better than I though, I'd recommend that exhaust system to anyone considering a full exhaust system.

there was one small thing, and I'm not sure if it's going to be a problem, one of the headers isn't snog a 100%, when I fit it in with my hands it fits in, when I torque the bolts that same one backs off 2 mm's, the header is still inside but not snog, I tried fitting it 3 times, and in every time it goes out that little bit, should I be concerned?
maladham is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 08:50 AM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 136
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Get in touch when youíre ready to have the ecu done. I spent 4 days on the dyno with our test bike and the alpha t system just a few weeks ago. Itís an awesome exhaust for the r6. And the price canít be beat!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great link. I just bought an '08 R6 with a Leo Vince exhaust and decat pipe.

My question for you is how do I know if the previous owner did a flash? It doesn't have a power commander or the like (I imagine that would be hell to install on a direct injection bike any who.

$175 is super reasonable, considering thats half the cost of the piggy pack POS everyone buys to tune their bike.
Urbane is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,451
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane View Post
Great link. I just bought an '08 R6 with a Leo Vince exhaust and decat pipe.



My question for you is how do I know if the previous owner did a flash? It doesn't have a power commander or the like (I imagine that would be hell to install on a direct injection bike any who.



$175 is super reasonable, considering thats half the cost of the piggy pack POS everyone buys to tune their bike.


Most people who flash ecus put some kind of sticker or their logo on them. Also, there are things we normally disable like the EXUP. So if you remove the exup servo motor or eliminator plug, and donít get a check engine light then itís been disabled in the ecu. Fan temp settings are often changed too. IMO if youíre unsure have it flashed so you know whatís in the ecu.

And itís definitely well worth it. Power commanders are really easy to install but the issue is the maps available for the power commander are pretty crappy. Most people install them and download a map and itís not great. With a flash we can put our mapping in the ecu that is usually a much better fit than the power commander maps and we can remove throttle restrictions, change ignition mapping, smooth out the abrupt throttle and much more. Power commanders are really great for fine tuning if you have access to a dyno or the auto tune kit too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Urbane likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
 
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 11:18 AM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 136
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Most people who flash ecus put some kind of sticker or their logo on them. Also, there are things we normally disable like the EXUP. So if you remove the exup servo motor or eliminator plug, and donít get a check engine light then itís been disabled in the ecu. Fan temp settings are often changed too. IMO if youíre unsure have it flashed so you know whatís in the ecu.

And itís definitely well worth it. Power commanders are really easy to install but the issue is the maps available for the power commander are pretty crappy. Most people install them and download a map and itís not great. With a flash we can put our mapping in the ecu that is usually a much better fit than the power commander maps and we can remove throttle restrictions, change ignition mapping, smooth out the abrupt throttle and much more. Power commanders are really great for fine tuning if you have access to a dyno or the auto tune kit too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose.

It doesn't have a CEL as of the test ride, so I wonder if they have a servo buddy or something similar.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


AFAIK R6's do have the heating issues, so that alone might make it worth it. The on-off throttle would be my second reasoning. 3rd would be because it would make the R6 all the more enjoyable.

So you would have no issue tuning a 2008 R6 with a fresh valve adjustment and new air filter and Leo vince full system?

This is what I want/need minimum:
Remove top speed limiter (trackdays)
Eliminate on/off throttle twitchiness/Un-restrict drive by wire mapping and gain complete control over your throttle inputs
Custom ignition mapping for Pump gas or Race gas 91 Ron+Mon/2 "Premium USA Mix"
Disable AIS System
Custom settings for variable velocity stacks (Can you just set this based on best performance?)
Adjustable fan settings (Do as you know would best protect the mc)

Things I'd consider, but need a quote without all the below too!
Speedo Correction (accurate would be nice)
Speedo based gear indicator
Custom Engine braking setups
Launch maps available for some models - This would be cool as hell, can you do it on an 08?
Assuming you are using a switch to quick-swap maps? That's how the launch control worked in my car.

Currently don't have a CEL, do I need this? - Disable EXUP Valve

Feel free to PM me, if you can't reply here of course.
Urbane is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 06:29 PM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 285
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Chiefsmokedawg flashed my ecu on my 17. Very pleased with his work.
Urbane likes this.
El Duder is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Parts Pimp
 
ChiefSmokeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JerZ
Posts: 26,451
Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane View Post
I suppose.

It doesn't have a CEL as of the test ride, so I wonder if they have a servo buddy or something similar.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


AFAIK R6's do have the heating issues, so that alone might make it worth it. The on-off throttle would be my second reasoning. 3rd would be because it would make the R6 all the more enjoyable.

So you would have no issue tuning a 2008 R6 with a fresh valve adjustment and new air filter and Leo vince full system?

This is what I want/need minimum:
Remove top speed limiter (trackdays)
Eliminate on/off throttle twitchiness/Un-restrict drive by wire mapping and gain complete control over your throttle inputs
Custom ignition mapping for Pump gas or Race gas 91 Ron+Mon/2 "Premium USA Mix"
Disable AIS System
Custom settings for variable velocity stacks (Can you just set this based on best performance?)
Adjustable fan settings (Do as you know would best protect the mc)

Things I'd consider, but need a quote without all the below too!
Speedo Correction (accurate would be nice)
Speedo based gear indicator
Custom Engine braking setups
Launch maps available for some models - This would be cool as hell, can you do it on an 08?
Assuming you are using a switch to quick-swap maps? That's how the launch control worked in my car.

Currently don't have a CEL, do I need this? - Disable EXUP Valve

Feel free to PM me, if you can't reply here of course.
PM inbound
Urbane likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 102
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

OP are you getting any warnings or CEL lights with the full exhaust system setup? I believe I read somewhere that this exhaust should work with stock settings but of course, its recommended to make some kind of ECU modification to get the maximum performance.
bweezy is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 16
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Get in touch when youíre ready to have the ecu done. I spent 4 days on the dyno with our test bike and the alpha t system just a few weeks ago. Itís an awesome exhaust for the r6. And the price canít be beat!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi ChiefSmokeDawg, I've been reading mixed information about getting the ECU flashed or getting a power commander, I'm not a racer, my bike is a weekend bike and I go to the track once every 1-2 months, what do you recommend I do? and if I got the ECU flash from you, how will I flash mine?
maladham is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 11:24 AM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 102
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

So just a refresh (please do correct me if I'm wrong), if you're going the full alpha t exhaust setup you will need:

1. Obviously, the full exhaust installed
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. Disconnecting the servo cables or completely removing the servo all together
3. An ECU flash to make sure the mappings are right for the new full exhaust system
4. Read somewhere about the block off plates or disabling/removal of AIS system?

Anything else I'm missing?
bweezy is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:26 AM
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 102
Re: Installing a Yoshimura Alpha T Works Full Exhaust System

Bumping this thread.

So if one were to go with a full exhaust system would the checklist below cover everything?

1. Install full exhaust
2. Disconnecting the servo cables or completely removing the servo all together (servo buddy shouldn't be needed if ECU is flashed?)
3. Install block off plates and removal of the AIS system to prevent backfiring
4. Install race filter (is this necessary or recommended?)
5. An ECU flash to make sure the mappings are right for the new full exhaust system, disabling AIS system, servo system, etc.

* Revving my heart since July 2017 *
2018 - Yamaha R6 (Team Blue)
2015 - Yamaha R3 (Team Blue) | SOLD
bweezy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yoshimura Alpha T Full System Yamaha YZF-R6V 2006-17 RidersDiscount Riders Discount 0 10-26-2017 10:44 AM
Full Yoshimura TRC Exhaust system BigShepp Product Reviews 0 10-21-2012 12:19 PM
Yoshimura R-55 Full Exhaust System YZF-R6 RidersDiscount Riders Discount 11 06-03-2010 06:41 AM
Yoshimura R55 CF Full Exhaust System r6_yda General Discussions 7 01-29-2009 08:30 PM
Installing Full Exhaust System Loki_08_r6 How To's... 6 09-16-2008 11:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome