2017 r6 power commander - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

2017 r6 power commander

I have a 2017 r6. I have a m4 slip on exaust and a high flow airfilter. Should I install a power commander. Some say yes others said won’t do any good u less more mods are done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:19 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: 2017 r6 power commander

Please Do not pu PC to R6.
You got much better results if You tune original ECU.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:22 AM
I eat my R6

There are a lot of emission regulating features that need to be hacked at the ECU level. If a tune is right when all those are changed and it works like stock, it's better to buy the flash/chip.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 04:42 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Just what chip are you talking about buddy? Show everyone the chip in a 2017 R6 ECU. In addition, do you even read your posts? The make almost no sense.

For the OP. You could consider getting a dyno and tune through the ECU to make sure the fuelling is correct. I'm pretty sure the PC only affects the secondary injectors. I would say no to the PC. But others think they work well with auto tune.

I had a PC on my 08 and removed it for a Woolich race tools package and tune on the dyno. It may need to go back again as I think the fuelling was smoother on the PC coming back on the throttle from fully closed.

Ignore the poster above^ "AntDX316". That punter is absolutely clueless.

Last edited by R6trackrider; 03-23-2019 at 04:48 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:23 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6trackrider View Post
Just what chip are you talking about buddy? Show everyone the chip in a 2017 R6 ECU. In addition, do you even read your posts? The make almost no sense.

For the OP. You could consider getting a dyno and tune through the ECU to make sure the fuelling is correct. I'm pretty sure the PC only affects the secondary injectors. I would say no to the PC. But others think they work well with auto tune.

I had a PC on my 08 and removed it for a Woolich race tools package and tune on the dyno. It may need to go back again as I think the fuelling was smoother on the PC coming back on the throttle from fully closed.

How clueless from 0-100?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:56 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6trackrider View Post

I'm upset woolich shut down their forums. next time, I'm just going to use FTECU even though you can't use the software to do anything to your bike without a internet connection which is ridiculous. at least ftecu has a forum so users can chat about the product. woolich isn't involved with the product post sale enough in my opinion and it pisses me off. I paid $1100 for it and I can't chat with anyone about it. they're too secretive and offer no reading material about their system and what all the settings can do.

neither system will be found on pro level bikes in favor of systems by motec and magneti marelli. so I dont know why ftecu and woolich act like dicks with their stuff.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 03-28-2019 at 02:59 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:10 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
I'm upset woolich shut down their forums. next time, I'm just going to use FTECU even though you can't use the software to do anything to your bike without a internet connection which is ridiculous. at least ftecu has a forum so users can chat about the product. woolich isn't involved with the product post sale enough in my opinion and it pisses me off. I paid $1100 for it and I can't chat with anyone about it. they're too secretive and offer no reading material about their system and what all the settings can do.

neither system will be found on pro level bikes in favor of systems by motec and magneti marelli. so I dont know why ftecu and woolich act like dicks with their stuff.
Some people have issues with life. At the highest level of control they can close the company for whatever reason. Just like the Wow airline company that just shut down, if you are involved it's like losing money investing w/ Theranos. It's like investing in other things that have failed. It's like investing in the wrong religion, wrong school, wrong anything. All you should really do is move on. Some people don't move on, commit suicide, kill others in the process, etc. $1100 isn't too bad. Some have lost millions and more.

Last edited by AntDX316; 03-28-2019 at 05:15 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:55 PM
My R6 eats me.

I just did a full exhaust, smog delete, race filter, and velocity stacks. Then I did a flash with a custom tune and it cause me ~$500 for the flash a custom dyno tune. Reach out to Bauce racing and get their ecu flash. Itíll save you a lot of money. Then if you decide to install the rest of the bolt on performance mods, go for a custom tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:58 AM
I eat my R6

forgive give me, but if you get your ECU flashed do you still need to remove the smog components from the bike for the backfiring issue?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:42 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweezy View Post
forgive give me, but if you get your ECU flashed do you still need to remove the smog components from the bike for the backfiring issue?
The backfiring issue is like completely gone when you remove the pair valve. It transforms the bike or at least it did for mine and others. The engine braking and other things become different which is crazy. Like, they've made holes in the block somewhere that goes through the pair for some reason but plugging it makes it smoother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in